240sx LS1 swap?

V8 240sx? Sure! If either the chassis OR the engine is non-Nissan (i.e. SR20 in an RX-7 or LS1 in a 240sx), we've done it.
240LSX

hey guys. im a 240 noob.just wondering if anyone has done a LS1 swap into an S14 on here that can give me some pointers. i am looking at an S14 on craigs list that looks like its in good shape, for about 2200, but the engine does not run, cuz something about the wiring harness was cracked. i have also been looking at that companies kit that makes a 'bolt in kit' for the LS1 to fit in the 240. and i have also been looking at LS1s with T56 6 speeds on ebay.i have a few questions as to what rear end do you guys use with the swap, and what drive shaft, and how do i make the front and rear bolt patterns the same?

any help would be awsome. i really want to do this. make a nice little V8 drifter

simmode1
Car: Red '95 S14

Yes, there's quite a few LSx powered s chassis running around. No, I wouldn't pay $2200 for an s14 in that condition.

Outtowinpahc should be in here pretty soon...

In the meantime, just try typing LS1 swap in the search bar.

240LSX

thanks. what would be a good price for the car?and i did search, i just like to ask

C3Sierra_S2000
Car: 1997 240SX SE LS swapped

First off welcome to the site. Second you should use the search feature and look in the Hybrids section. That is where you will find the LS motor swap info.

All that being said I will offer you a little help. There are several companies that offer bolt in kits some better than others but I will let you do the research on that. I personally used Hinson's headers and radiator and built all the mounts myself. As for a rear end if your car has a VLSD in it then you can use it. Unless you hook hard with slicks it should be strong enough to handle stock power. If you want something bigger and a little better gear ratio for the T56 then look into a Q45 rear differential. Once again search on that as there is a complete write up on it.

I hope you realize that to do this swap and do it correctly you will need to drop anywhere from $7000 to &10,000 depending on what you pick up a motor and trans for. It is not a cheap swap but it is very fun to drive.

Also be aware that the stock brakes on the S chassis sucks and is really not sufficient when you reach LS power levels. Look into the Z32 brake swap. It made a huge difference in my car.

And finally if you want a little LS inspiration click on my build thread in my sig.

240LSX

thankyou.and yes i was actually expecting somewhere between 10,000 to 12,000.i have 2 cars that i can sell to make that money.thankyou for your help, and i think i actually read some of your thread.i may have questions later on.and im sure a V8 in one of these cars will be bad a**. i love my buddies 04 GTO. i cant imagine what it will be like in a stipped 240

simmode1
Car: Red '95 S14

240LSX wrote:thanks. what would be a good price for the car?and i did search, i just like to ask
Well, depending on what's wrong with the motor, you can pretty much just consider that car a shell. Depending on the condition of the interior and what other features the car is equipped with, I'd pay maybe $800-$1200 for an s14 shell. But that's just me...

240LSX

simmode1 wrote:
Well, depending on what's wrong with the motor, you can pretty much just consider that car a shell. Depending on the condition of the interior and what other features the car is equipped with, I'd pay maybe $800-$1200 for an s14 shell. But that's just me...
yea, i love the s14 body, i dont like the early 90s as much. i havent looked at the car. i will start looking once i sell my cars. id like to find just a rolling shell if i could. i know of another one with a blown motor, but idk how much he wanted it for. ill look it up later and see what you think about that one and the price.

C3Sierra_S2000

No prob. If you need any help along the way feel free to email me. Also if you are looking to do things a little on the cheaper side I do have all the stuff that came out of my car from the previous owner's LS install. I redid everything so I have the motor mounts he built, the exhaust system which looks like crap but sounds awesome, and I have a spare LS1 and T56. I have a shop in GA that we could build the car for you too if you are interested.

240LSX

C3Sierra_S2000 wrote:No prob. If you need any help along the way feel free to email me. Also if you are looking to do things a little on the cheaper side I do have all the stuff that came out of my car from the previous owner's LS install. I redid everything so I have the motor mounts he built, the exhaust system which looks like crap but sounds awesome, and I have a spare LS1 and T56. I have a shop in GA that we could build the car for you too if you are interested.
this is very tempting lol. i would like to do the swap myself, so i can teach myself about the car, and custom work in general, but some help along the way would be awsome. can you give me more info on the LS1 and T56 you have, and are the motor mounts on the K member, so i could 'bolt it in' basicly? i can always head down to that shop and see whats goin on

C3Sierra_S2000

The mounts that the kid built when he put the LS1 in bolt to the stock cross member but you still have to notch a section out for the GTO oil pan.

The LS1 has 70K miles on it and ran strong in the car. The T56 has about 1500 miles on a rebuild but it has a cracked 3rd gear synchro. Under WOT it will gring going in 3rd. Under normal shifting it is fine. Email me and I will send you my phone number if you are interested.

The exhaust is modified Corvette manifolds I believe and everything else is custom. It needs to be welded up since there are a few leaks and it should be sanded and painted with some high temp paint but is fits and sounds really great.

240LSX

C3Sierra_S2000 wrote:The mounts that the kid built when he put the LS1 in bolt to the stock cross member but you still have to notch a section out for the GTO oil pan.

The LS1 has 70K miles on it and ran strong in the car. The T56 has about 1500 miles on a rebuild but it has a cracked 3rd gear synchro. Under WOT it will gring going in 3rd. Under normal shifting it is fine. Email me and I will send you my phone number if you are interested.

The exhaust is modified Corvette manifolds I believe and everything else is custom. It needs to be welded up since there are a few leaks and it should be sanded and painted with some high temp paint but is fits and sounds really great.
so all i need is to notch out a section for the GTO oil pan? do i need to weld anything back together? and is the synchro replacable? and about the exhaust, would it be possible to use some aftermarket shorty headers, do you know?

and yes, email me at [email protected] with your number and some pics if you have some.

OutToWinPAHC
Car: 2015 Silverado, R33 GTST, R32 GTR, RB20 E46 RHD, 2015 Harley Vrod Muscle, 1990 Nissan Patrol

Moving to hybrid section, sounds like Cs has you covered.

240LSX

OutToWinPAHC wrote:Moving to hybrid section, sounds like Cs has you covered.
sorry. im not used to this style forum. i dont like to make the mods have to move my stuff.and yes, i delieve he does

C3Sierra_S2000

Sent you an email.

240LSX

C3Sierra_S2000 wrote:Sent you an email.
i got it. will reply shortly

240LSX

here are some shells that i am looking at, let me know what you guys think about the prices and what one is my best bet. thanks!!!

http://myrtlebeach.craigslist.....html

http://fayetteville.craigslist....html

http://florencesc.craigslist.o....html

http://charlotte.craigslist.or....html

http://charlotte.craigslist.or....html

OutToWinPAHC
Car: 2015 Silverado, R33 GTST, R32 GTR, RB20 E46 RHD, 2015 Harley Vrod Muscle, 1990 Nissan Patrol

I paid 800 for my current shell, now shes got 25-30K invested. Its kinda sad.

240LSX

what year is your car? pics please

OutToWinPAHC

Pics are all over just click my user name and search threads started by me

Return to “Hybrids”