240sx engine swap... serious questions...

The Nissan 300ZX (Z32) general community discussion forum
import-ops

ok i own a 83 datsun 280z, its a rust bucket. i got it for free and its almost rusted into two pieces. but the engine runs GREAT. tranny is good and all. i also own an 89 240sx ka24 powered.... i was curious, not for the power, but for the rareness of it, has anyone ever swapped the 280 engine into the 240sx ??? if so can i get some info on what to possibly expect or whatever, and what the results were...

im really interested in doing this and wanted to know what was up.

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

I think TheMadScientist may have been doing something somewhat similar, but using a L31T setup (bored and maybe stroked L28 Turbo)

haven't seen much of him lately though...

Megaseth
Car: 2002 Pathfinder SE

its about as long as the RB series, so it should fit, and i think it would actaully be a little easier to put it in since you dont need as much electronics stuff.

SeVa-S13
Car: '05 GTO 6spd

It should be possible with patience and some know-how. I'm sure TMS would be able to offer some advice. You might have to swap Xmembers or something to get it to mount/fit right, but from there, it shouldn't be too hard. Getting all the little accessories to work with stock 240 controls may be a different story though. :)

Return to “300ZX (Z32) General”