240SX Convertible Dome Light Bulb?

The Internet's ONLY forum for 240sx convertible information and the official home of the 240sx Convertible Club of America!
110octane
Car: VQ35DE powered 240SX Convertible *SOLD*
SR20DET powered S14

Just got my first Nissan. I have always loved the vert's and I finally found one at a decent price. I have already done the 5 speed conversion and 5 lug conversion with a big brake upgrade. I am currently working on fixing all the little things that are wrong with the car and I have not been able to figure out what the bulb # is or even a description of the proper bulb for the personal light above the rear view mirror? I went to the parts store and we tried every bulb on their shelf to no avail? Can someone please point me in the right direction!?

By the way this forum is fantastic. I have found a ton of answers to a lot of questions that I have had and figured out on my own. It's nice to know that their are others out there going through the same things.
Modified by 110octane at 10:40 AM 12/14/2005

wirelessalpha
Car: 93 SR Vert, 96 318ti, 06 Altima

nice to have you here bro. Quick question and comment:

1) What did you include in that big brake upgrade? pad type, rotors (brembo's?). I would love to hear about how it performs for you and if there were any glitches or "things to look out for".

2) I was wondering about that light too - although its been on the far far end of my mind for a while now. If someone could answer that his question - that would be great and also save me some time as well.

110octane
SR20DET powered S14

wirelessalpha, I used aftermarket calipers, pads and 14" rotors and stainless steel lines. The brand I used I would prefer not to patronize, as I have had a falling out with the owner of the company.

SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME WITH THIS DOME LIGHT PART # !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wirelessalpha
Car: 93 SR Vert, 96 318ti, 06 Altima

well, maybe you should at least state who the company was and what happened - you don't want your fellow community brothas to get stiffed right?

Also, worst comes to worst...you can probably google...

Wait, send me your email address and I'll send you a zipped file I have. Its a download I never got a chance to look at (alot of ****) but it might help. Its an s13 parts catalog.

I'll send it to you - just promise to post here, the answer if you find it.

[email protected] is mine. Or AIM me at wirelessalpha

110octane
SR20DET powered S14

Come on vert guys!

I know someone out there has a bulb in their domelight. Simply take the bulb cover off and see if the bulb has a number on it? I beg you. Not having an interior light is driving me bananas! PA-lease help.

top_secret

mine doesn't work either... but its under a cover outside. If I remember I'll try to check it tomorrow before I leave for xmas.

sp33dg33k
Car: 1997 240sx SE

i had a problem finding the correct one but I put a bulb that is less than the wattage of the OEM. if you go to kragen or autozone website, you can specify your vehicle and search for the item you need. you should be able to get tthe bulb with the part number in your search result. I know the part number is 3175(store part number?) for the other dome light behind. I hope this helps. Other reason I put a different wattage was because I've been to about 3 stores close to my place and they didn't carry them.

EDIT: I just remembered that I did not find the part number of the dome light in the mirror in autozoneo or kragen. I think i found it in FSM. The part number is the same number as sylvania uses. I will try to find it when I get a chance.
Modified by sp33dg33k at 9:21 PM 12/21/2005

KoukiRydr
Car: s14a

I am not a 240 convt owner but I do deal with bulbs...The bulb you need is...

Dome lightDE3175

Here is how you guys can find the exact bulbs you need...

http://www.sylvania.com/Consum...uide/

Also, 3175 is also known as a Festoon Bulb...If you want a bright LED or non-LED bulb... check here.... choose any that say "REPLACES: 3175" http://superlumination.com/festoon.htm

VanNelson
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx LE Convertible

If it helps, the bulb in my '93 240 vert has the following imprinted on it...

[Foshibo Logo] M 2 158 5 H

I bought the car used and it had this bulb in it, works fine.

damiens
Car: 1992 Nissan 240SX Convertible

My bulb is still working but is pretty dim so the other day I used the little bulb finder at Walmart and they had like 5 of them hanging on the peg. The part number of DE3175 is correct.

I have a bigger question for everyone how do you turn the dome light on without opening the door? The dash bright up toggle switch does not do it and I don't see anything on the headlight switch.

Thanks

B Serious
Car: 1993 240sx Convertible

I've also been curious about turning the dome light on without opening the door. I wonder how difficult it would be to tie a switch into the system and mount it somehwere near (or instead of) the dash brightness switch.

Anyone have any experience with it?

I also have a great wiring issue that makes my dome light flicker on with I go over bumps.

Fun fun fun

top_secret

it would be easy. Yeah my driver's side switch doesn't work at all and the pass. switch is off/on all the time. I think I'm just gonna hard wire mine through two pin switches and steal a 3 way switch out of a non vert (on/off/door) and wire it in.

Techguy
Car: 1994 240sx Convertable

Yes I realize this thread is old but someone should bring things back to life every now and then. Nice vert btw. I also have a 94 vert and just to clear up something that was said about a "wiring issue that makes dome light flicker when I go over bumps". This problem is not electrical, is actually a problem with the stock door switch not being tight enough with the door. So when the door wiggles, it flickers. You can try remedying this by using an adhesive foam additive on the door to hold it shut better, or adjust the door striker more towards the center of the jar.

blkvrtswp
Car: 93 240SX Convertible
SR20DET FP 20G Turbo

And BTW the vert dome bulb is a 194 wedge base. Not the same as coupe or hatch.

This one works:
http://www.superbrightleds.com/moreinfo ... -base/206/

94_240sx
Car: 94_240SX

Techguy wrote:Yes I realize this thread is old but someone should bring things back to life every now and then. Nice vert btw. I also have a 94 vert and just to clear up something that was said about a "wiring issue that makes dome light flicker when I go over bumps". This problem is not electrical, is actually a problem with the stock door switch not being tight enough with the door. So when the door wiggles, it flickers. You can try remedying this by using an adhesive foam additive on the door to hold it shut better, or adjust the door striker more towards the center of the jar.
Previous owner disconnected the switch on my vert. Striker position was way off, so both doors wouldn't shut all the way in and they were droopy as well. That's why the switch was disconnected. I thought it was broken.

Return to “240SX Convertible Forum”