240SX anti-sway bar size?

All over the world, Nissan products are involved in road racing, track days, time attack and autocross.
wheelman
Car: 1973 Datsun 240Z, 1992 240SX SE Hatch

I have a 1992 240SX SE with ABS, a VLSD and the Super Hicas rear end.

I plan to auto-x it this coming season and was hoping to run GS PAX index in our local street tire class.In preparation for the first event this next weekend I was under the car on Sat. checking all the bushings and generally making sure all was cool when I noticed the front and rear sway bars were bigger than I expected. I measured them with a vernier caliper, they are 26mm front and 22mm rear. I found a link to a thread on this site that listed stock sway bar sizes (24mm front and 16mm rear). There was a set of OE bars mentioned that were available from Courtesy Nissan listed at 25mm and 21mm respectively.

So are the bars I have stock and if not are they the ones from Courtesy Nissan?If they are from Courtesy Nissan are they considered stock according to the SCCA Solo 2 rules?

I looked but couldn't find any stamps or stickers that identify them and I scraped the dirt off before measuring so the values are accurate.

evildky
Car: 71 240ZT, 87 300ZXN/A-T, 06 350Z GT, Tundra TRD RW

stock class allows form an aftermarket front bar so no worry up front, I have no idea what the sx chassis came with but the rules call for original factory equipment,a dn the car will likley handle better and with a smaller rear bar

it's also possible that the SX SE with the hicas might have had different bars form the factory?

Return to “Nissan Road Racing / Auto X Forum”