240sx A/C resurrection

Got questions about your Nissan? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
moso
Car: 89 240sx ka24de 5spd
90 240sx ka24de RIP

I have an 89 240sx with a ka24de from a 92 along with all the ac trimmings from the 92. the A/C has been disconnected for sometime before owned the car and now i want it to work again. I know there is debris in the lines from being unhooked for so long, is there any way to clean them out???
I plan on replacing the pump, evap, cond, dryer, o-rings, and expansion valve. am i missing anything. any pointers??

moso
90 240sx ka24de RIP

seriously, no one knows how to clean out an aluminum pipe??? no one knows how to service an a/c system??

moso
90 240sx ka24de RIP

just in case anyone finds this thread with the same question I had

change receiver/drier, expansion valve, and all the O-rings in the system. Clean with an A/C approved solvent cleaner per instructions the lines to and from the pump (one has a muffler, some say dont clean it, i did) and to and from the evaporator. I started by cleaning the evaporator and condenser but ended up replacing the condenser because it had a hole in it. i bought the cheapest condenser i could find and it did take a little "gentle persuasion" to get it bolted up and in. at this point i followed the basic steps you would to vac and fill an ac system with r134a and fresh oil. you could take this to a certified tech and have it vac/charged.

on a side note fixing and using my a/c system fixed my erratic idle both with the a/c on and off. it also fixed a strange phenomenon my car had when taking it out of gear and letting the motor fall to idle, it would fall to almost 400rpms and then "catch" itself and bring the idle up before letting it come to a rest.

Return to “Nissan Online Mechanic”