240 gets fecked by HAIL!

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
Nismo_Freak
Car: 89 240SX

I counted 20 dents tonight... who knows how many more ill see in the morning. I dont have full insurance, parents said they would pay it if I went to comprehensive, and im accepting any donations to the fix the 240 fund. I dont know how im gonna ever afford to fix this damn thing. Boostn_S14 @ yahoo.com is my Paypal name if anyone wants to pitch a buck in to help.

Mayhem_J30
Car: Ummm...My Car

those hail balls are HUGE! (here comes dees...)

that bites man. i'm guessing the hood and trunk our trashed. look for some at junk yards..out of town of course otherwise they probably have the same problem. you'll most likely have to take it to a shop to fix the roof. unless you know someone really good at dent pullin that has a lot of time.

theTony
Car: umm.....Cars??

I had a car once that got pelted with hail stones that large. Very extensive damage, but I was covererd. I had a body shop do all the repair work and it was thousands of dollars in damage. Lots of glass replacement too.

240gurl
Car: my sxy car

Damn..that is a ****ty buzz dude...

Good luck with it...thatz too bad u couldn't stick ur car in a garage to avoid the hail

sultan

i had hail damage on my firebird and the insurance company gave me what i paid for the car to fix the damage, which i didn't do and really wasn't that bad. leaving the car in the hot sun will take some of the dents out anyway.

theTony

sultan wrote:leaving the car in the hot sun will take some of the dents out anyway.

huh? :confused:

sultan

the sun heats the metal, which then expands and pops out the smaller dents.

theTony

sultan wrote:the sun heats the metal, which then expands and pops out the smaller dents.

Well who woulda thought! Kinda makes sense though, but I still would not have guessed that would actually happen.

sultan

i don't think it will help nismo_freak, because he has some really bad damage. It helped my firebird though, most of the dents were on the hood, which is really big, and a few months later you really couldn't tell it was dented unless you looked really close.

Cold_Zero
Car: 2003 (3.5) Altima SE & 2005 Pathfinder

Dude,Just paint it white and write Titleist in black on the roof of your car.

alexhho

Nismo_Freak wrote:
I counted 20 dents tonight... who knows how many more ill see in the morning. I dont have full insurance, parents said they would pay it if I went to comprehensive, and im accepting any donations to the fix the 240 fund. I dont know how im gonna ever afford to fix this damn thing. Boostn_S14 @ yahoo.com is my Paypal name if anyone wants to pitch a buck in to help.

Nismo. Did you ever get that fixed? I was wondering if there's a way to fix the hood by oneself? Thanks.

GEO
Car: 95 240sx KA-T

he got a new car..

alexhho

That's good for him. I have a 97 Infinity J30, and my hood was damaged my hail recently. I was just trying to find out if there is a way that I can remove the heat-proof cover under the hood so that I can try to push the dents back out. There are some plastic buttons holding the heat sheet onto the roof, and I'm afraid to break them. Do you have any suggestions? Thanks.

Nismo_Freak
Car: 89 240SX

Vengeance wrote:he got a new car..

No I didn't... I still have the dents. Insurance bought me Tein coilovers and some other bits (to hell with 9 lbs. of bondo, I'd rather have suspension). I've since replaced the hood with a carbon fibre one and I'm going to replace the decklid with a carbon fibre one as well. From there it's minor body work and a paint job.

andrave
Car: assorted

hell yeah. dents give it character.sorry to hear about the carbon fiber though.

Return to “General Chat”