240 Drama

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
Repo Man
Car: '15 RAM 1500, 4x4

Hell of a weekend! One of my best friends just got a '92 240 a couple of weeks ago. It's a red notch and is mildly modded and rolls on 17" Konig Tantrums. Pretty sharp. Anyway, he's coming home from work Friday and is running 60mph in a 30mph zone. Comes up over a hill and passes a state trooper. He just pulled over and waited. Pretty smart, because the trooper knocked it down to 15 over, saving a mandatory court appearance and a HUGE fine.

To add insult to injury, I get a call Saturday morning from him and he told me his car had been broken into. Stupid a** wannabe thief only took the faceplate off his stereo. Didn't bother with the brand new radar detector above it or the amp, subs and new-in-the-box Injen CAI in the trunk. Not that you would WANT someone to take all this, but what a dumbass. The passenger window was totally broken out and will be an insurance claim. Damn, two knocks to the insurance premium in 24 hours.

My personal 240 drama occurred when I realized why I couldn't bleed my brake lines. I, being college educated and incredibly smart, put my new brake calipers on backwards. No f*cking wonder it didn't work. I corrected this and am now able to drive my 240 again after about a week and a half of not driving it.

The Hondas are again terrified. :rockon

Daunttless

Thats classic.

A buddy of mine was going 115 in a 30 in his FC Turbo II when he glanced over and noticed a cop faced the wrong direction, he didn't have time to stop, so he just floored it instead. : ) He hit 136 before he came up on another road to turn off on. He never saw the cop, he said he figured if the cop did see him fly by, he didn't have time to catch him, and if he didn't, he didn't want to slow down to check either way. : ) That was his drama, and now he's a cop himself, so he doesn't worry much about that stuff anymore. Professional courtesy and all.

Repo Man

Yeah, must be nice, but I wouldn't want to have to put up with all the crap cops have to put up with.

I pulled a move like that in my Turbo Buick going to AT one year. I saw him hit his brakes as soon as he passed me going the other direction and since I had a nice line of traffic following me, I spooled the turbo and was gone. Never saw him.

It's a fallacy to think that you can drive as fast as you want just because you have a radar detector. Cops have a dozen ways to nail you without one. Stay alert, stay alive!

s14=pimpin'

whats your buddies deductible? it might pay off if he doesn't report the damage and fix it himself. He may also save $$$ in the long run cause his premium might stay down, instead of rising

Repo Man

I don't know, but I think from what he said it will be cheaper to just file the claim. Must be a pretty low deductible.

MikeS14240sx

I never saw the cop that pulled me over. I was doing 60 in a 35. It's so gay because it was in a construction zone for a draw bridge. The so called "workers" are working under the bridge to begin with and they started the constrction zone 1 mile from the bridge then it drops to 25 3/4 of a mile away from bridge. The normal speed limit is 50. Here in Florida speeding fines are touble in a construction zone. $183 wasted because the county needed to boost revenue with an outragous speed trap.

Needless to say, but I wasn't happy.

:(

klorocks
Car: paintball, skydiving, airsoft, driving - ya know anything for a thrill

i have a "idiot break in" story

The guy broke into my car and took my head and eq, then folded my back seat and ripped apart my housing for my amps, took a look at them, and my 2 jl subs, and my collection of 200 cds, and just took off, didnt take anything that wasnt in my dash! Im glad the jerkoff didnt take them, but i had to have my box fixed, he ruined my door, and well ****, my cds are irreplaceable. Im grateful in a way

Xeromist
Car: Cars, Music, Computers

First time someone tried to break into my car they screwed up the door frame and the lock, but couldn't get in. How stupid do you have to be not to be able to break into a 12 year old car?

Then two weeks ago I accidently left my car unlocked and someone walked into my garage and went through my car. They took the faceplate off of my cd player but couldn't figure out how to get it out. They riffled through my glove box, took my ashtray full of change, and rode off on my mountain bike with flat tires.

The dimwitted thief left the following:cd player$300 radar detectorcd case full of cdsleather jackethundreds of dollars worth of tools

klorocks
Car: paintball, skydiving, airsoft, driving - ya know anything for a thrill

Im cracking up at your story, will you ever recover from your ash-tray jacking?

Jubs180
Car: my 240sx, my computers, my anime collection, learning spanish and japanese, and of course, My beauti

someone stole your ashtray....bah.

Sadly.... I bet it was another 240 owner, since that is one of the items to be known to be broken/missingor they just took it because it had the change.

I am lucky enough to have never had my car(s) broken into.

sure they are idiots..but just be thankful that all of the real goods were left behind

I would just be glad that if my car was broken into, that they wouldn't take all of the valueable stuff, that is something you would totally wish for after it happened..

-Dan

Xeromist

Yeah, it's just annoying. I might have wanted to pump up those tires and get some excercise, you never know.

FrEaK
Car: Boosted D21 Pickup

Me and my boys were riding around in Marham about 2 weeks ago. We were just cruising around laughing at all guys who are too lazy to get a job and half to walk around. ANNNYYYwho so this guy pull up in a civic and another guy pulls up in a Golf Gti. My friend who was driving his sisters 91 240sx caled me on his cell phone because he was 2 car back from me.. and told me to take em.... both cars were somewhat modified... so anyways, 3 cars wide we all take off... the civic stalls, and the TSi misses 2nd gear and starts leaking tranny fluid all over the place.. i felt sorry for the golf so i called him a tow truck... and we hit the streets again... dramatic isn't it..... :squint

Xeromist

FrEaK wrote:dramatic isn't it..... :squint
Shakespearean even.

FrEaK

Yea... it's too bad tho... i might have had some competition from the Golf... but prolly not lol :squint

SpeedFreak

I had my s-10 blazer broken into 6 times. Lost 3 systems and all together about 4000 dollars worth of stuff. I am so paranoid about my 240 that I will never live in an apartment again....ever. Garage's rock!!!!! I did catch a 13 year old in my Blazer once. I am 6 foot and 220 lbs. I didnt know what to do. I wanted to beat the crap out of the little punk but I couldnt cause I knew I would go to jail. So what did I do you ask. I gave him a wedgy that would have made you all proud! Then I walked his crying a** over to a payphone 1/2 block down the road....with the wedgy underwear thonging his a**, called the cops and then waited for them to show. He tried pleading with me and then tried to run.....wedgy # 2!!! after that he just sat with his head in his hands crying about how his mom was going to kill him. Cops came and they called mom. She was friggen huge!!! Like 300 lbs. First thing she did was hand me 200 dollars for the broken window then she turned to the punk a** and slapped the bejesus outta him. Damn that felt good. I got my window fixed 2 hours later and was happy to know that John aka punk was at this time thinking about the pain in his wedgyfied a**!!!!!! FAT MOMS ROCK!!!!!!

Jubs180
Car: my 240sx, my computers, my anime collection, learning spanish and japanese, and of course, My beauti

hahah, thats totally awesometalk about instant retribution.too bad I don't have any cool stories to tell =/

-Dan

FrEaK

You should have givin the kid a swirlie, now THAT"S embarrasing... :p

Daunttless

the RX-7 boards had some nice retribution threads, they're hilarious. http://www.rx7club.com

redrocket
Car: 1987 200sx SE, 2007 Chevy Silverado Classic Crew Cab, and 1999 Kawasaki ZX9R

speedfreak that is awesome dude I have been laughing for like 20 minutes now and I can barley see to type because of the tears everyone is like what the hell are you laughing at so i let them read the story and every person I showed the thread to was cracking up I need a good laugh today and that took the cake.

Robbie

AunVoh

ahh the power of the wedgy, i think we can all find that a well placed wedgy now and then can shift the powers of evil.

rbboyl

AWESOME!! Thats hilarious! Did the kid pee his pants? Crap his pants? I woulda, but you wouldnt find me breaking into anyones vehicle.
SpeedFreak wrote:I had my s-10 blazer broken into 6 times. Lost 3 systems and all together about 4000 dollars worth of stuff. I am so paranoid about my 240 that I will never live in an apartment again....ever. Garage's rock!!!!! I did catch a 13 year old in my Blazer once. I am 6 foot and 220 lbs. I didnt know what to do. I wanted to beat the crap out of the little punk but I couldnt cause I knew I would go to jail. So what did I do you ask. I gave him a wedgy that would have made you all proud! Then I walked his crying a** over to a payphone 1/2 block down the road....with the wedgy underwear thonging his a**, called the cops and then waited for them to show. He tried pleading with me and then tried to run.....wedgy # 2!!! after that he just sat with his head in his hands crying about how his mom was going to kill him. Cops came and they called mom. She was friggen huge!!! Like 300 lbs. First thing she did was hand me 200 dollars for the broken window then she turned to the punk a** and slapped the bejesus outta him. Damn that felt good. I got my window fixed 2 hours later and was happy to know that John aka punk was at this time thinking about the pain in his wedgyfied a**!!!!!! FAT MOMS ROCK!!!!!!

Xeromist

HA, now THAT'S funny. Makes you wonder whether he kept trying to be a thief or if now his a** hurts every time he gets near a slimjim :)

Return to “240sx General Discussion”