23 Rogue intermittent buzzing sound behind glovebox

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
one_shall_stand
Car: 2023 Nissan Rogue Platinum

Only a couple hundred miles on this thing.

I noticed it twice while idling or nearly idle. Wife noticed it accelerating on interstate many times.

It sounds like an electric motor suddenly turning on and buzzing for a few seconds, and then shutting off. It seems to originate from the passenger side behind the glovebox.

I'll try to add a recording when I can. Unfortunately for me it's only happened about 1% of the time I've driven it, so hard for me or a dealer to reproduce at the moment. But if anyone knows what I'm talking about, please chime in.

Is it something from the turbo that would blow off some pressure occasionally? It's like a valve or a pump being driven for a few seconds and then it stops.
Last edited by Rogue One on Sun Apr 02, 2023 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revise Title

one_shall_stand

Ok guys I got it reproducible and a recording. I stop at a stop sign, then floor it until it gets to 40 mph. It buzzes a couple times after you reach top speed.

recording: https://drive.google.com/file/d/13FPmik ... 76LzM/view

In the recording, it buzzes twice near the end (after the thunk sound, I don't know what that was). Location is passenger front corner.

The AC/Fan was off, and the radio was off as well. It sounds like a creak but the car is going straight. We did this after 4 stop signs and it did it every time.

Jcovell

one_shall_stand wrote:
Sun Apr 02, 2023 4:16 pm
Only a couple hundred miles on this thing.

I noticed it twice while idling or nearly idle. Wife noticed it accelerating on interstate many times.

It sounds like an electric motor suddenly turning on and buzzing for a few seconds, and then shutting off. It seems to originate from the passenger side behind the glovebox.

I'll try to add a recording when I can. Unfortunately for me it's only happened about 1% of the time I've driven it, so hard for me or a dealer to reproduce at the moment. But if anyone knows what I'm talking about, please chime in.

Is it something from the turbo that would blow off some pressure occasionally? It's like a valve or a pump being driven for a few seconds and then it stops.
Hey! I have the same issue with my 2023 Nissan rogue platinum… did you find out what was wrong with it? I’m taking into the shop in 3 weeks…

jakedal
Car: 2023 Nissan Rogue

one_shall_stand wrote:
Sat Apr 08, 2023 5:35 pm
Ok guys I got it reproducible and a recording. I stop at a stop sign, then floor it until it gets to 40 mph. It buzzes a couple times after you reach top speed.

recording: <a class="vglnk" href="https://drive.google.com/file/d/13FPmik ... 76LzM/view" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>drive</span><span>.</span><span>google</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>file</span><span>/</span><span>d</span><span>/</span><span>13FPmikchudK5cmo</span><span>_</span><span>TzVCFqC5</span><span>-</span><span>hg76LzM</span><span>/</span><span>view</span></a>

In the recording, it buzzes twice near the end (after the thunk sound, I don't know what that was). Location is passenger front corner.

The AC/Fan was off, and the radio was off as well. It sounds like a creak but the car is going straight. We did this after 4 stop signs and it did it every time.
one_shall_stand wrote:

recording: <a class="vglnk" href="https://drive.google.com/file/d/13FPmik ... 76LzM/view" rel="nofollow"><span>https</span><span>://</span><span>drive</span><span>.</span><span>google</span><span>.</span><span>com</span><span>/</span><span>file</span><span>/</span><span>d</span><span>/</span><span>13FPmikchudK5cmo</span><span>_</span><span>TzVCFqC5</span><span>-</span><span>hg76LzM</span><span>/</span><span>view</span></a>

Just purchased a 2023 Nissan Rogue SL last month, has about 1,000 miles and I have the same issue. Haven't been able to find a pattern to when it happens. It might have been doing this all along but I tend to have my radio sound turned up so it took me a bit to notice it. Has anyone found a solution? I would like to at least isolate the issue or mention a post when taking it in for service. Unfortunately, many times in the past, service techs have been unable to replicate an issue I had and I ended up wasting time at the dealership with no resolution. Hope someone has some information that might help.

:)

davsikk
Car: 2023 Nissan Rouge Platinum

jakedal wrote:
Tue Sep 05, 2023 6:25 pm
one_shall_stand wrote:

one_shall_stand wrote:

Just purchased a 2023 Nissan Rogue SL last month, has about 1,000 miles and I have the same issue. Haven't been able to find a pattern to when it happens. It might have been doing this all along but I tend to have my radio sound turned up so it took me a bit to notice it. Has anyone found a solution? I would like to at least isolate the issue or mention a post when taking it in for service. Unfortunately, many times in the past, service techs have been unable to replicate an issue I had and I ended up wasting time at the dealership with no resolution. Hope someone has some information that might help.

:)
I went to the dealer 4 times with the buzzing noise issue that the above user is having. They believe for the 3rd time it’s the Bose speakers causing a buzzing noise so they decided to put some aftermarket foam around the speaker to isolate the buzzing noise but that silly because as of today the buzzing noise is still present and I am working with the case manager to escalate this issue because this is not normal for any new car to be have like this especially when you’re paying fortunes.
I urgent suggest you to contact Nissan corporate and create a case and keep pushing them to do something about it until it is resolved because they tend to avoid on taking the big toll so you gotta keep nagging them until there’s some sort of a solution. And take it to a Nissan dealer with a good review even if you have to drive an hour and make sure they can arrange a loaner for you.

perhms
Car: 2023 Nissan Rogue

YES. I have a 23 Rogue SL. I have been to two dealerships and each one blamed the speakers and replaced them with no success. My third visit, the mechanic tried putting a lining of felt or foam around the speaker enclosure. No success.
I am usually driving on a highway and between 60 and 80 mph.
I buzz seems match my use of the gas pedal but the problem is consistently inconsistent.

The mechanic and service advisor have both been out on the highway and not able to reproduce.

The advisor says to bring in whenever the issue happens so I guess I'll see how much more effort they will put forth.

It would seem at some point a technical bulletin should be forthcoming if enough owners have the same issue.

davsikk
Car: 2023 Nissan Rouge Platinum

perhms wrote:
Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:16 pm
YES. I have a 23 Rogue SL. I have been to two dealerships and each one blamed the speakers and replaced them with no success. My third visit, the mechanic tried putting a lining of felt or foam around the speaker enclosure. No success.
I am usually driving on a highway and between 60 and 80 mph.
I buzz seems match my use of the gas pedal but the problem is consistently inconsistent.

The mechanic and service advisor have both been out on the highway and not able to reproduce.

The advisor says to bring in whenever the issue happens so I guess I'll see how much more effort they will put forth.

It would seem at some point a technical bulletin should be forthcoming if enough owners have the same issue.

I have visit multiple Nissan dealerships in NJ and most of them couldn't seem to figure it out.
At the Edison NJ Dealership they have no idea what they're doing because they couldn't even identify a solution to the problem and couldn't fix it.
After taking it Bridgewater Dealership at least 5 times and out of those 5 times they've attempted to repair the problem by replacing the speaker and the amp system.
Guess what that didn't fix it either, they even had the Nissan tech come out twice even he believed it was a speaker problem, but the guy was not very pleasant of helpful.
So, I gave it a few months, the buzzing noise started traveling from front passenger side and front driver side and sometimes the front panel below the windshield.

First week of December of 2023 I took my car for oil service and requested for them to look into the buzzing sound at Nissan Route 10 Dealership in NJ.
I showed and sent a text message of the video recording to the gentleman who test drove with me to identify the buzzing sound and of course the sound did not come out.
So, the gentleman at Nissan Route 10 said the recording will be enough to show it to the Nissan tech.
The Nissan route 10 service manager reached out to Nissan Corp Engineer Tech support team to continue troubleshooting the buzzing sound problem.
I left my car, and they provided me with a loaner till the issue was resolved.

Nissan route 10 service manager called me, informing they have repaired the buzzing sound.
The Nissan engineers now suggested to replace the front passenger door harness.
So, it comes to a conclusion that after replacing the speaker multiple times wasn't the solution for me.
It seems that door harness is the issue and that this issue is now common with the 2023 Nissan rouge platinum at least.
Mind you this is my 6th visit for the buzzing noise issue.
It has been just a little over 5 days and I have not heard a buzzing sound, but I will continue to monitor in hopes that this issue has been resolved.

I suggest try another Nissan dealer ship and inform them of my situation and in hopes this will help you.
Also please keep all service visit for the buzzing sound, record videos of the buzzing noise for your own record.
Good luck and please let me know how it works out for you, would like to know your end story.

Return to “Rogue Forum”