215 55 17 tires for a g35

Shocks, springs, sway bars, coliovers, bushings, brakes, wheels, tires - This is the place to discuss G-Series suspension modifications!
vicdur93

:confused: I have Goodyear rsa 215 55 17 tires on the car now need to replace. There is not much choice in tires so I found some Cooper lifeliner touring sle 215 55 17 tires. Does anyone know anything about this tire? Will this be a good replacement for those Goodyears? What would be a better way to go? The car tires will also be used in light snow at times.Thanks vicdur93

vq35de
Car: G35 Sedan Leather 6MT

If you can afford em, go with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S's in the 235/50/17 size. ~210.00 each but should give a longer tread life than any other tire out there. There is also a 225 series flavor of this tire which IS W rated like the stock summer tire.

Will work well in light snow, I have driven it in Flagstaff, AZ during the winter.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

Performance tires and snow, even light snow dont mix.

I wrecked one of the nicest early Q45's in the country, drivign in very light snow, very carefully at 48 mph on the interstate (=spin+ bouncing off guardrails)..:(

If you are enetering the winter in Michigan and you stoill want some poor weatehr ability Michelin pilot XGTH's in All season.

Or any hi end all season tires.

The Michelins I put up tehre are only slughtly better than teh Sports or otehr performance tires in poor weather .

In Michigan winter I would throw on dedicated winter tires from december thru late feb. rest of teh year performance tires.

Fred..:)

rydwhite
Car: 2003 G35 Coupe

I would deffintely go with an all weather or winter tire during the winter. It just isn't worth it. I know too many people who had sport performance tires on and had troubles in the snow.

Plus, Michigan doesn't get light snow. At least not in my book. I live in Indy and it can get pretty heavy. Especially this past winter. It's no Buffalo, but hey, you got to be careful none-the-less.

vq35de
Car: G35 Sedan Leather 6MT

the michelin's I quoted above ARE ALL SEASON hence the A/S after their name.

They work well in LIGHT SNOW (you know like 4-6 inches) and would work well in Michigan except for the day after one of those 12 or 18 " snowfalls.

I have lived in upstate NY, Duluth MN, and Marquette, MI. I have seen snow, I have driven in snow. As long as you slow down these tires will work fine as I have said. going slow, the stock RSA's will work ok

GS-D's are another story altogether and just plain suck

Return to “G35 and G37 Suspension, Brakes, Wheels and Tires”