'21 vs '22 Rogue SV: I own both, I prefer the '21

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
II Kings 9:20
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue SV

I own 2 silver/charcoal SV AWD. I'll be trading/selling one in on a 2024 Silverado EV and and keeping the other fot my daughter to drive in college.

Unless otherwise noted, they are the same

Brakes: I like the firmer pedal of the '22. That may be a car to car vriation and not necessarily a '21-'22 difference.

Camera: Surround view (a class exclusive) is superb on the '21 and absent on the '22 SV

Lane Departure: '21 is superior with a constant vibration of the steering wheel. The '22 has 3 short bursts of vibration and stops. I have it set to the max and if I were drowsy at the wheel, those 3 quick pulses are inadequate. Neither has any audible warning which is disappointing considering this is the company that invented LDWS in 2003. As an FYI, they also invented the rear camera in 1999 and put it on the 2000 Infiniti Q45.

MPG: 25-26 for both, rural city/freeway mix. No hard throttle, both still in the break in period and well below stated MPG average,

Engine: The 2.5 in the '21 is a better than the 1.5T 3cyl of the '22. The throttle response and overall peppiness off the line is noticeably better. The 1.5 makes the right sounds under moderate throttle but is failry gutless despite being superior on paper with 11% greater hp and 24% more torque. More throttle makes it not so gutless but the 21 doesn't need as much throttle to zip about. The 1.5T lacks the low RPM grunt off the line and requires too much pedal to get up and move. The 2.5 simply drives better which is the reason I picked it over the Hond CRV 1.5T 4cyl. I'm sure the '22 is faster to 60 than the '21, but in daily driving, the '21 is more just responsive to light throttle and low RPM. Turbo lag is probably playing a role here at low RPM off boost.

The engine and surround camera are why I'll keep the '21 and trade the '22 as soon as my EV order is here summer 2024. If I didn't have the '21 for comparison, I really wouldn't know any better. Not disappointed with the '22 but it will be the one to go.

Jacek2282
Car: 2022 Nissan Rogue 1.5L Turbo

well yeah its a turbo car, it has some turbo lag, not much, hence no initial accel like 2.5L I bet you haven't tried to build up some boost haven't you??? ( hold the brake pedal and accel at the same time for about 3-4 seconds, also there is a boost gauge in the display.. boost maxes out at 30 PSI.. I come from a 2008 Mitsubishi Evo MR with a SST transmission, so I have some knowledge, its just I have been out of the game for some time..

and BTW on eco mode driving around 50-60 mph I get around 39-42 MPG so I'm not sure what you are doing wrong....in STANDARD mode, I get around 34-35MPG... this is with 2022 1.5L Rogue

II Kings 9:20
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue SV

Jacek2282 wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:02 pm
well yeah its a turbo car, it has some turbo lag, not much, hence no initial accel like 2.5L I bet you haven't tried to build up some boost haven't you??? ( hold the brake pedal and accel at the same time for about 3-4 seconds, also there is a boost gauge in the display.. boost maxes out at 30 PSI.. I come from a 2008 Mitsubishi Evo MR with a SST transmission, so I have some knowledge, its just I have been out of the game for some time..

and BTW on eco mode driving around 50-60 mph I get around 39-42 MPG so I'm not sure what you are doing wrong....in STANDARD mode, I get around 34-35MPG... this is with 2022 1.5L Rogue
I'm only at 650 miles so no crazy acceleration yet. I use regular mode and get 31-35 on the highway. Haven't used eco much because it makes it dog slow stoplight to stoplight. I have my first road trip to VA through the hills of WVA and plan to use eco. I really should give eco a try more in daily driving but you're getting 9mpg better than me in standard mode and I granny drive regularly. I should mention that I do 75-80 mph on the freeway to I don't expect 40 mpg
My second tank I went 346 miles on 13.373 gallons. 25.87mpg at the tank, probably 50% city.

Return to “Rogue Forum”