2023 Rogue Rattle/Tapping Cold Idle

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
rashjmatt74
Car: 2023 Nissan Rouge S AWD 1.5L VC Turbo

'23 Rogue has a rattle/tapping sound during cold idle. Vehicle has only 800 miles.

Anyone else have this?

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

I use to be ocd with the rattle back in the day. I just ignore it now and try not to focus on it.

You can hear it in the background of your video.

The sporadic tapping in the forefront I do not have.

Maybe it’s a bad spark plug misfiring. Which is what I actually thought my normal rattle was caused by one.

So yes the Rogues have a rattle but not that tapping. They’re not one in the same. Take it to the dealer.

You would think the cvt’s were perfected by now.

It’s a crapshoot, mine still running since 2009 but these could have issues new, not new, and in/between.

That’s the way it’s been and always been since they introduced these things. :slap:

Not saying it’s the transmission but it’s a noisy small suv engine.

rashjmatt74
Car: 2023 Nissan Rouge S AWD 1.5L VC Turbo

Took it to dealer and they state it is normal - I'm doubtgull

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

I think you're just hearing the injectors running open loop when the engine is cold, and maybe a little rapping from the high-pressure fuel pump. If so the dealer is right, that stuff all makes noise during cold enrichment.

dakota_daniel
Car: 2022 Nissan Rogue

AltimaGuy here could you send me a video of yours the one above isn’t working or removed. Mine is now getting an engine replacement and had rattling noises on coldstart also. I’d like to confirm if it’s the same noise so I can let you know if you need to have it looked at or if it’s “normal”. 26k miles on our 22’.

Jacek2282
Car: 2022 Nissan Rogue 1.5L Turbo

dakota_daniel wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 7:09 am
AltimaGuy here could you send me a video of yours the one above isn’t working or removed. Mine is now getting an engine replacement and had rattling noises on coldstart also. I’d like to confirm if it’s the same noise so I can let you know if you need to have it looked at or if it’s “normal”. 26k miles on our 22’.
what noises are you talking about i wish that video was still up. i have some crackling noises coming from the engine bay when i slowly accelerate, i mean bare minimum acceleration, it sounds like popcorn is crackling in my engine bay..

Return to “Rogue Forum”