2023 Rogue Brand new burning smell

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
rogue903368
Car: 2023 Nissan Rogue SV

Hello everyone,
I just got Nissan rogue SV. But the burning smell is really annoying. Has everyone experienced the same thing?
How long will it takes to go away? One dealer said about 100 miles. Other side about 3k miles. I am worried about the will hurt the engine or transmission. Please help.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

This is the first complaint I've heard about of this sort, and the dealership I work at sells lots of Rogues. It's possible that some plastic label got left on an engine or exhaust part and will melt or burn off, but if the smell isn't gone in 100 miles, I'd make the dealership check it out. It definitely isn't normal.

rogue903368
Car: 2023 Nissan Rogue SV

VStar650CL wrote:
Sat Jun 17, 2023 9:23 am
This is the first complaint I've heard about of this sort, and the dealership I work at sells lots of Rogues. It's possible that some plastic label got left on an engine or exhaust part and will melt or burn off, but if the smell isn't gone in 100 miles, I'd make the dealership check it out. It definitely isn't normal.
Thanks for jumping in.
I got on Wednesday and have 250 miles on it now. The smell comes from engine area. Smells strong after highway. One dealer told me the smell will be gone after 3k… so confused

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

One of the best part of taking home a new vehicle is the new car smell.
:BnB: :domo: :monkey: :clap:

Burning smell? Never in the decades of riding and owning a newly purchased vehicle has it ever had a burning smell?

Did you test drive it or just wanted a certain color and bought it on the spot.

Bad craftsmanship or perhaps oil or liquid was spilled in the engine. Anyways, that smell would annoy or give some passengers a headache.

Perhaps the dealership could give a carbon cabin filter, use some air fresheners for now until it goes away.

Seriously the only time I had a burning smell in the 14 yrs I owned my rogue was after my radiator leaked out all the coolant and I smelled something burning and then eventually saw steam rising from my hood. :cry:

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

With 250 miles, I''d insist the dealer take a look and contact Nissan Consumer Affairs if they brush you off. Casper is right, it also could be some sort of spill onto the engine, but they shouldn't be selling you a car in that condition. If that's the case, make them wash the engine and prove it. No kind of "burning" odor is normal in a brand new car, full stop.

Return to “Rogue Forum”