2022 Rogue SL - Connecting Vehicle to Wi-Fi at home

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
hanadark0
Car: 2022 Nissan Rogue SL

I can't seem to find this answer anywhere and Google wasnt much help either.
Does anyone KNOW if the 5ghz network is supported by the built-in audio/nav system for connecting to a home wifi system?

(I'm not talking about enabling the hotspot within the car nor LTE - just allowing the car to connect itself to my home wifi network)

..I want to connect it up to my home wifi for possible updates etc but cant seem to 'see' any 5ghz network available be it mine or the neighbors. I am able to connect WPA2 to a 2.4ghz network w/o any issues though. There are several 5ghz networks around my neighborhood so this is a bit surprising for a new car if its an unsupported thing.

I dont use band-steering (mixing 2.4/5gz) so I have separate SSIDs to connect up to but even when I totally dumb down the 5ghz SSID, the 2022 Rogue SL still cant see the network.

-Hanadarko

Sigster

I just tried it here with a 5GHz-only network I set up for testing.

2018 Rogue SL had no problem seeing the network and connected to it fine.

hanadark0

Well thanks for the test but here I am still at a loss:

Using the following:
5GHZ Channel 161
WPA3
PMF (Required for WPA3)

..cant even see the SSID. So I suspect it's one or both of the latter 2 in my list at the moment.
I would not be surprised if the Rogue doesn't support WPA3..

Sigster

Forgot to mention, mine was set to WPA2.

Does your Rogue see 2.4GHz networks with WPA3 ?

hanadark0

Cant use WPA3 on 2.4 due to too many older devices, so thats my fall back network if 5GHZ doesn't work..
I did notice that even the new Ford doesn't like WPA2/WPA3 - needs to be WPA2 so I put that on the 2.4ghz as well..

WPA3 is nice but not perfect - better than WPA2 at least for laptops and stuff we use vs an IoT device.

Return to “Rogue Forum”