2022 Rogue 1.5L, CVT slip?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
nikolace31
Car: 2022 Nissan Rogue SL Premium AWD

Hi all,

Yesterday I was getting off a highway during semi-wet conditions (it was no longer raining) and when resuming from a stop sign, I was heading up hill. The car puttered in a way where the tach needle dropped and rose intermittently for a second, maybe two. I couldn't tell if the wheels were slipping or if the CVT was (is that even possible?). The reason I'm worried it was the transmission is due to the lack of a traction control light at the time. I know with certain cars that the TCS light won't emit immediately when slip is detected.

Just looking to get some input here & if I should bring it to my local dealer for diag, there is no lights currently on the dash. The car has 5000 miles.

Thanks!

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Could be some type of traction control reaction for wet conditions going uphill. I mean it’s a new vehicle, I wouldn’t think it would be broken this quickly. :cool:

nikolace31
Car: 2022 Nissan Rogue SL Premium AWD

casperfun wrote:
Wed Aug 31, 2022 4:19 pm
Could be some type of traction control reaction for wet conditions going uphill. I mean it’s a new vehicle, I wouldn’t think it would be broken this quickly. :cool:
I would say it was probably a 10 degree grade, so nothing crazy. The hill I live on is steeper. What's worrying to me is that if the car slips in those conditions, I'm not excited to drive it in the snow..

Return to “Rogue Forum”