2021 Sentra remote start problems

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
redsv
Car: 2001 Nissan Sentra SV

I have a 2021 Sentra with remote start that works very erratic. Has anyone else had this problem?

alexspeed
Car: 2009 Nissan Murano SL

I found this article on the internet maybe it will help:

https://www.palmspringsnissan.com/blog/ ... my-nissan/

There are some videos on YT as well that you may want to check out.

NSSRP
Car: 2021 Nissan Sentra SR Premium

I have had the same issue(s). Sometimes it will not work unless I open the door and point the remote outside. Mind you it could be a my issue as I have only had the car for just over a month and have only remote start a handful of times.

jethbon
Car: 2014 Nissan Pathfinder

I would go to the dealer since the car is new and under warranty.

alexspeed
Car: 2009 Nissan Murano SL

jethbon wrote:
Sun Sep 12, 2021 10:51 pm
I would go to the dealer since the car is new and under warranty.
I agree it will be best to have it check by the dealer store since it's a new model.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

There are actually a couple of bulletins about RST on the '20~'21 Sentra.

One is for the lock function. The way the BCM firmware is set up, the doors must be locked already before you press Lock for the RST sequence. So if the car is sitting unlocked, you have to press Lock-Lock-RST instead of just Lock-RST. I'm not sure if there needs to be a delay between the two Locks.

The second bulletin is for a code the ECM (engine controller) may throw if two RST's in a row are attempted too quickly. The code is a P161F, and your RST will stop working until it's cleared. It won't cause a check engine light, so you won't know it's there without scanning. Just erase it and your RST should start working again. Here's the bulletin:

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/ ... 0-0001.pdf

NSSRP

For the sentra. It is Lock and then Auto start within 5 seconds. I am usually only about 20 - 30 feet from the car. On frosty days I need to stand next to the car on clear days open the front house door. On my first oil change coming soon, I will bring up this matter as well as the emergency braking that at some times likes to come on for no fkn reason. one of these days I am going to get hit from behind. But that is a totally different matter. Or is it. hmmmm?

NSSRP

redsv wrote:
Mon Aug 30, 2021 10:17 am
I have a 2021 Sentra with remote start that works very erratic. Has anyone else had this problem?
I am wondering if the reason for the issue has be found.

I went to the dealer yesterday. And was asked if I know how to use the remote start. After two hours, The dealership is have the same issue I am . It works maybe 20% of the time. Even after a system update. They are still having issues. Could it be a sensor in the fin on the roof. I know that thing isn't an antenna, as my antenna is in the back window.

NSSRP

VStar650CL wrote:
Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:02 pm
There are actually a couple of bulletins about RST on the '20~'21 Sentra.

One is for the lock function. The way the BCM firmware is set up, the doors must be locked already before you press Lock for the RST sequence. So if the car is sitting unlocked, you have to press Lock-Lock-RST instead of just Lock-RST. I'm not sure if there needs to be a delay between the two Locks.

The second bulletin is for a code the ECM (engine controller) may throw if two RST's in a row are attempted too quickly. The code is a P161F, and your RST will stop working until it's cleared. It won't cause a check engine light, so you won't know it's there without scanning. Just erase it and your RST should start working again. Here's the bulletin:

https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2020/ ... 0-0001.pdf

Thanks for the Bulletin. I will print and put in the front seat for the mechanic to see. When I take the car back. I really have them stumped.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”