2021 Rogue SL Key Fob does not control memory seats

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
rnovino
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

New 2021 Rogue key fob does not control the memory seats. Tried everything and even went back to the dealer. They tried to get it work on another 2021 Rogue in their lot without success. The buttons on the driver door work fine. Upgraded from 2018 Rogue and the key fob would set the memory correctly. 55 seconds into the Nissan video they mention only works without navigation. The dealer tried one without navigation and it did not work. Has anyone been able to get their key fob to control memory seats? Here's the video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hts5zLcXeYs

Frzninvt
Car: 2021 AWD Rogue SL w/Premium Package
Champagne Silver

I did not realize such a feature existed. I have a 2018 SL with all the Premium and Platinum packages and was not aware that the seat memories could be adjusted from the key fob I do however have Navigation. Are you sure about that? I would be very surprised if that is possible. I am going to be getting a '21 SL with the Premium package in a few months.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The R52 Pathies, late model Muranos and late model Maxes with navis all have that feature, but the gen2 Rogues don't. The gen3 Rogue may well have it, I haven't had occasion to deep-dive on a gen3 navi yet.

rnovino
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Upgraded from a 2018 Rogue I'm absolutely sure. I'm 6'4" and my wife is 5'0". In the 2018 all you had to do was touch the drivers door lock and the seats would move to whatever key fob was being used. The position of the seats are saved to the key fob being used. If you view the video from Nissan that I mentioned you will see they instruct you on how to do it. Thanks for your reply.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

rnovino wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 6:59 am
Upgraded from a 2018 Rogue I'm absolutely sure. I'm 6'4" and my wife is 5'0". In the 2018 all you had to do was touch the drivers door lock and the seats would move to whatever key fob was being used. The position of the seats are saved to the key fob being used.
Okay, let me clarify. On the Pathies, etc, you don't need to touch anything, the BCM adjusts the seats according to which key opened the car and pops up a message about which key is active. The non-navi versions have a 1-2-learn button setup that remembers the settings manually and requires driver action. The '18-up Rogues are sort of a hybrid, still requiring user input even though the fob identifies the 1-2 seat positions.

TonyJG
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima SL Silver
2021 Nissan Rogue Platinum Pearl White/Black

rnovino wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 9:55 am
New 2021 Rogue key fob does not control the memory seats. Tried everything and even went back to the dealer. They tried to get it work on another 2021 Rogue in their lot without success. The buttons on the driver door work fine. Upgraded from 2018 Rogue and the key fob would set the memory correctly. 55 seconds into the Nissan video they mention only works without navigation. The dealer tried one without navigation and it did not work. Has anyone been able to get their key fob to control memory seats? Here's the video...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hts5zLcXeYs
I have a 2021 Platinum and my fobs control the seat memory along with the outside mirrors as well as the displays.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

TonyJG wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 11:43 am
I have a 2021 Platinum and my fobs control the seat memory along with the outside mirrors as well as the displays.
This may be a difference in equipment, as in the navi vs non-navi Pathies, but maybe the navi on the Rogue isn't what's different. Maybe the fob-memory link is an independent option. TonyJG, does your Platinum have seat memory buttons on the door?

TonyJG

Yes it does. Just an fyi, I am located in Canada so don't know if that makes a difference.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Hmm, guess I'll be asking the DTS about this one next time he visits.

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

I never knew this existed on the Rogue. My Honda has this feature, and has the fobs designated to either 1 or 2. How would I know what fob is driver 1 and driver 2?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

datechboss101 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:54 am
I never knew this existed on the Rogue. My Honda has this feature, and has the fobs designated to either 1 or 2. How would I know what fob is driver 1 and driver 2?
On Nissans with that feature, the car will generally tell you right after startup on the info display.

TonyJG

datechboss101 wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:54 am
The fobs are linked to the memory seats so if you program the fob and select set 1 on the memory seat that will designate the fob accordingly. In the set up you have the ability to name the owner of each fob so when you start the vehicle it will welcome whichever person is associated with that fob.

ayw93
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue SL

Frzninvt wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 5:15 am
I did not realize such a feature existed. I have a 2018 SL with all the Premium and Platinum packages and was not aware that the seat memories could be adjusted from the key fob, I do however have Navigation. Are you sure about that? I would be very surprised if that is possible. I am going to be getting a '21 SL with the Premium package in a few months.
Came across your issue after going to the dealer twice for this. Were you able to get this resolved? According to the dealer, they spoke with Nissan support and said that it's only available in the models with navigation, which is not the case according to the video and the manual.

cre333
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue SL

Took mine to the dealer 6x for this and it still doesn’t work. The 4th and 5th time they reset the car battery and IT WORKED PERFECTLY…..for about 2 days. This last time in January 2022 I spoke directly to the tech, showed him the video that Nissan put out showing how it was supposed to work and he said he’d get back to me personally. It’s now mid-March and I haven’t heard a word.
NOW the seat memory is setting itself to positions I never set. I’m tall and the only driver. I set 1 for my normal driving and 2 for a reclined position when I’m working or resting at work. I never adjust the base cushion. When I press 1 now it moves the seat up 2” an when I press 2, it reclines and moves the seat forward 4 to 6” and sometimes raises the height. I’ve spoken to Nissan Consumer affairs 2x. The first time the agent was very helpful and tried to get it resolved. The 2nd agent was worthless. She said the dealer stated there was no problem found so she was closing the case and offered no assistance or resolution.

Return to “Rogue Forum”