2021 Rogue SL AWD Premium w/Wireless Charger LED edge trim not illuminating

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Frzninvt
Car: 2021 AWD Rogue SL w/Premium Package
Champagne Silver

I just pruchased a 2021 Nissan Rogue SL AWD with the Premium Package and had the dealer install the Wireless Phone Charger and it works fine but the light blue LED trim around the edge of it does not illuminate. I see in the Platinum version it is illuminated or does in only work with the Platinum's Interior Accent lighting? I would think it should illuminate since it is there perhaps they left a lead unconnected or perhaps the harness in the SL is not the same and does not provide a power source for the illumination. I am going to ask the dealer about it but I know we have some resident experts on here that may know the answer. I would sure like it to work though. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

I don't think we've installed any of those yet, but generically, most wireless chargers illuminate only when they're actively charging. I'll check the install instructions on Tuesday and see if it makes any mention.

Frzninvt
Champagne Silver

Only the charging indicator illuminates I was thinking it would illuminate when it got dark and the headlights came one but nope.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Frzninvt wrote:
Sun Apr 04, 2021 3:30 am
Only the charging indicator illuminates I was thinking it would illuminate when it got dark and the headlights came one but nope.
If it's supposed to have backlighting with the rest of the interior illumination, the installation instructions will show it. I'll check.

Frzninvt
Champagne Silver

Called the dealer and talked to my sales guy and he asked the mechanic that did the install and he stated that instructions made no mention of the illumination portion of the wireless charger. I guess I'll have to contact Nissan to get an answer I can't imagine they would not have a provision for it to work when installed in a non-Platinum series Rogue especially since and additional harness is required to install it. Not a deal breaker but it would be nice to have it work.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The accessory pre-wire connectors on the '21 have no access to the interior illumination circuit, and according to the install instructions the only wire connections are via the lefthand prewire connector. So there's definitely no provision for backlighting.

BKkid
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue SL
2021 Nissan Armada SL

Wondering what did the dealership charge to put in the wireless charger ? was quoted $600 here in Long Island ....

Frzninvt
Champagne Silver

I honestly don't know exactly because I had them purchase and install the clear hood protector, splash gaurds, and the wireless charger all together before I went to pick it up and it was like $960 for everything.

twong26
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue

Frzninvt wrote:
Mon Apr 05, 2021 4:49 pm
Called the dealer and talked to my sales guy and he asked the mechanic that did the install and he stated that instructions made no mention of the illumination portion of the wireless charger. I guess I'll have to contact Nissan to get an answer I can't imagine they would not have a provision for it to work when installed in a non-Platinum series Rogue especially since and additional harness is required to install it. Not a deal breaker but it would be nice to have it work.
When you put your phone to charge on the wireless charger, only the indicator light would come on. The LED trim around the wireless charger is part of the interior lighting (a strip on the front door panels, the front footwells, etc.). The LED trim should light up when the headlights are on (I think they even light up when the DRL are on too). If it is not lighting up, maybe they loosened the wire when installing the wireless charger or there may be something wrong with the LED strip itself.

TonyJG
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima SL Silver
2021 Nissan Rogue Platinum Pearl White/Black

I believe the illuminated lighting only pertains to the Platinum model.

eman2222
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

I also have a rogue SL premium with the added wireless charging pad. Is it just me, or does this charging pad is charge very very slowly sometimes just maintaining the current charge and not increasing the percentage?

Frzninvt
Champagne Silver

Mine does increase the percentage reasonably well. If you are using it to stream music or other tasks at the same time I can see where it would essentially maintain the charge level it had when dropped on the pad. I have had that happen though. The weirdest thing is if I place the phone on it before starting the car it will sometimes interrupt the signal from the fob to the BCM to the point that I have to remove the phone from the pad to start the car or touch the fob to the start button.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Frzninvt wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:05 am
Mine does increase the percentage reasonably well. If you are using it to stream music or other tasks at the same time I can see where it would essentially maintain the charge level it had when dropped on the pad. I have had that happen though. The weirdest thing is if I place the phone on it before starting the car it will sometimes interrupt the signal from the fob to the BCM to the point that I have to remove the phone from the pad to start the car or touch the fob to the start button.
That's right on both counts. When your phone is constantly transmitting to the car, the charge rate will be much slower than if the phone is dormant. The phone also has a major data negotiation with the AV at turn-on, and a short, pointed one with the charger. So if the phone is cradled at turn-on, the charger is generally already operating (and producing a monster magnetic field) before the phone is done with the AV. That volume of noise can literally drown out the I-key, which operates inside the car using the same GHz frequencies as BT. We already see the same problem frequently with ladies keeping their phone and I-key beside one another in a purse, and the charger can definitely exacerbate it.

firebirdude
Car: 2021 Rogue Platinum Blue/Black

When charging, just the small LED indictor on the lower dash lights up. As for the accent lighting accessory package, I'm not sure if the border of my whole pad lights up. I'll check when the wife gets home with it.

All in all, we barely use it as it requires you to remove all cases from the phone. It might work through a thin silicone case, but lets face it, it's not 2010 anymore.

Frzninvt
Champagne Silver

Mine works fine with the protective cover on it and it's not a thin silicone one either. Hard plastic.

Return to “Rogue Forum”