2021 Rogue OEM tires road noise

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
R0gu30n3
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue SV

Just purchased a 2021 Nissan Rogue SV with Premium package. The OEM tires that came on my car are the Hankook Dynapro Hp2. I seem to get a lot of noise when driving on the freeway with all windows up, and I was wondering if this is typical. Can anyone who recently purchased a 2021 Rogue please tell me the make/model of tire that your car came with, and if the ride is fairly quiet/loud on the freeway? Thx in advance!
Last edited by Rogue One on Mon May 24, 2021 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Revise title

D1dad
Car: 2021 Nissan Altima SR
2018 Nissan Rogue Midnight
2009 Nissan Altima SL

Can't comment on having a 2021 but my 2018 came with those same tires. Mine were very quiet and very smooth, even when completely shot at 40k miles. I was glad to upgrade to Michelin and drop those things. Horrible body roll and downright awful in the snow and rain. To be at 3/32 at 40k is pretty sad, even for OEM tires.

TonyJG
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima SL Silver
2021 Nissan Rogue Platinum Pearl White/Black

My 2021 came with Dunlop Grandtrek PT21 tires.

Frzninvt
Car: 2021 AWD Rogue SL w/Premium Package
Champagne Silver

Mine came with Bridgestone Alenza's

JzyJ28
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue SL
2013 Nissan Altima Coupe

TonyJG wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 5:53 am
My 2021 came with Dunlop Grandtrek PT21 tires.
Same for my SL. Wonder if different regions get different tires?

TonyJG
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima SL Silver
2021 Nissan Rogue Platinum Pearl White/Black

Possibly but considering I am in Canada and my vehicle came from Japan and I believe yours from the USA it doesn't seem to be the case but who knows. I think it is more that Nissan has several contracts for tires for the Rogue and what you get is what you get.

D1dad
2009 Nissan Altima SL

I’d dump the hankooks for anything different. The kinergys are nice tires or continental or Michelin if you plan on keeping it. Tire noise is like nails on a chalkboard to me. You could marketplace the ones you have and recover a lot of your money and not have to deal with it. There’s always the rare chance that you could have a new bad bearing but I doubt it. Unless Nissans quality really went to pot I’ve ran front bearings to 100k plus with no issues.

jethbon
Car: 2014 Nissan Pathfinder

+1 on replacing them with Michelin for a smoother and quieter ride.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Ok, I'm the odd man out. I kinda wanna hear a hum from my tires. I like knowing I got solid tires under me, but seriously, since I'm an old fart, any tire sounds fade to the background and I rarely notice it with the tunes on. Road noise is like a dryer or white noise that helps me fall asleep so it doesn't bother me.

I actually hope my rogue sounds beefier if that's the right word, because with my last tires, I notice on my driveway cam, my Rogue drives away like...whinnne... whine....whinnne.

Now how do I say this, but it drives away with a cheap wimpy whiney sound. Which is why I hope a little tire sound outside would mask that crappy cvt whine, and make my rogue sound a little more rugged. :laugh:

I really don't know why, because most rogues I see driving around seem silent, it could be that my security cam magnifies the sound on video. :gotme

I'm also too cheap to buy mufflers, and too old to crank up the bass

Frzninvt
Car: 2021 AWD Rogue SL w/Premium Package
Champagne Silver

The Michelins will not have a smoother ride the tires are designed for higher miles and therefore the tread compound will be harder and make for a stiffer ride. They install softer tires from the factory for a reason to give the vehicle a smoother ride when you test drive it but good luck getting 30K out of them. I would make sure the tires are inflated and balanced properly as well it will make a difference in the noise level.

D1dad
2009 Nissan Altima SL

I went from the dynapros on my 18 to Michelin primacys. Initial impression was, just a tad harsher ride but by no means hard riding. Road noise was maybe a half a decibel higher at first but it’s either went away or I’ve become used to it. The hankooks had a fantastic ride and dead silent but we’re completely shot at 40k and probably should have been replaced at 30. I did just get the best mileage my rogue has ever gotten with the Michelin’s doing 80 from Ohio to Chicago on the toll road (30.3) so I’m happy. Factor in that I got them out the door at Sam’s club for $450 and I’m ecstatic. Michelin’s been my go to tire forever and decades before that with my pops and grandad. Also stamped MADE IN THE USA right on the sidewall.

Return to “Rogue Forum”