2021 Rogue FWD Platinum Pre-Purchase Questions

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
achugh
Car: ???

I am new to this forum as you can see from my post count. I owned 2007 Nissan Murano SL (bought in 2006 Oct as soon as 2007 models came out). Bought it brand new. This Murano ran for 105K (almost) when my new teenage driver hit into a street lamp post and the insurance would not fix it and declared it a total loss because it is over 100K in miles and almost 15 years old. The cost of repairs does not justify the price of this old vehicle. I had no problems with my 2007 Murano SL whatsoever. I did maintain it well with all maintenance done by dealer for its life. NO CVT issues, no major issues. The only issue I faced was that the leather on the driver seat cracked and I could see that the leather was of low quality (compared to my 2000 Chrysler Concord LXi with 105K miles that I still own, its Italian leather is still in great shape and I took no special care for it. In fact Chrysler Concord stayed outside in all sorts of weather that my Murano did not have to bear because it stayed inside a garage).

Anyway because of the cost and Electronic Infortainment features I selected 2021 Rogue Platinum because I had good success with my 2007 Murano SL. What problems should I be researching before making my purchase? Also does anyone here knows what is the internet price of Security Plus Gold Preferred Extended Warranty with $0 deductible on a new 2021 Rogue FWD Platinum? Lastly, what is the consensus or the market rate of 2021 Rogue FWD Platinum with standard solid color like Metallic Silver?

firebirdude
Car: 2021 Rogue Platinum Blue/Black

We bought our 21 Rouge Platinum in January. AWD version. Two-tone dark blue and black paint with camel tan leather interior. We paid $37,000 after a $500 Nissan rebate.

We have had a couple of hiccups. Firstly, the wireless phone charger in the center console has never worked. We've tried multiple phones that work fine on other wireless charging pads. Phone directly on the pad, without a case. It just doesn't work. Dealer is over an hour away, so we've yet to hassle getting it fixed. Second, one time, we had the backup sensor beeps just keep beeping while driving down the road. Infotainment screen was locked up and we couldn't stop it or do anything about it short of turning the car off and back on. Third, the infotainment screen has locked up two other times without the backup sensors going nuts.

No idea on the extended warranty. Only thing we bought was a "ResistAll" interior warranty that is suppose to cover even accidental punctures or pen marks on the leather for 7 years. YOU CAN HAGGLE COST ON THESE WARRANTIES! Completely separate purchase from the car. Don't let them try to bundle it in or say they gave you a deal on the car so you have to pay full price on the warranty. We denied all their warranty pitch and he kept coming down in price. I think we paid like 150 bucks for just the interior package.

tuhj0k4r
Car: 2010 Altima Coupe [RIP]
2022 Rogue AWD

firebirdude wrote:
Fri Jun 25, 2021 8:03 pm
We bought our 21 Rouge Platinum in January. AWD version. Two-tone dark blue and black paint with camel tan leather interior. We paid $37,000 after a $500 Nissan rebate.

We have had a couple of hiccups. Firstly, the wireless phone charger in the center console has never worked. We've tried multiple phones that work fine on other wireless charging pads. Phone directly on the pad, without a case. It just doesn't work. Dealer is over an hour away, so we've yet to hassle getting it fixed. Second, one time, we had the backup sensor beeps just keep beeping while driving down the road. Infotainment screen was locked up and we couldn't stop it or do anything about it short of turning the car off and back on. Third, the infotainment screen has locked up two other times without the backup sensors going nuts.

No idea on the extended warranty. Only thing we bought was a "ResistAll" interior warranty that is suppose to cover even accidental punctures or pen marks on the leather for 7 years. YOU CAN HAGGLE COST ON THESE WARRANTIES! Completely separate purchase from the car. Don't let them try to bundle it in or say they gave you a deal on the car so you have to pay full price on the warranty. We denied all their warranty pitch and he kept coming down in price. I think we paid like 150 bucks for just the interior package.

Looking to buy a 2022 Rough Platinum AWD. They’re telling me MSRP is $41,300. How they heck did you get yours for $37,000?

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Please don't say their expecting you to pay LIST price, yah I know Bideninflation is ruining the country, but that doesn't mean the stealerships have to rip you a new one. :poke:

tuhj0k4r
2022 Rogue AWD

casperfun wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 9:10 pm
Please don't say their expecting you to pay LIST price, yah I know Bideninflation is ruining the country, but that doesn't mean the stealerships have to rip you a new one. :poke:
I never liked going to stealerships cause of their :bs:. They wouldn't tell me the numbers over the phone :confused:, so going to entertain them in person tomorrow. Here goes hours of time wasted.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

We’ll go to a book store like I did over a decade ago, unless those are gone now. I bought a paperback that showed the invoice price.

I always work my way up from there when negotiating with the sales guy. The options I wanted etc.

Seriously, I would never take the salesman’s word. :lolling:

I heard people were paying $20,000 over LIST for those new Ford Bronco’s before they were being sold everywhere, but these are Nissan’s with cvt’s. :poke:

tuhj0k4r
2022 Rogue AWD

Lol my negotiation skills are not good at all.

PalmerWMD
Car: 2004 350Z

casperfun wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 3:12 am
We’ll go to a book store like I did over a decade ago, unless those are gone now. I bought a paperback that showed the invoice price.

I always work my way up from there when negotiating with the sales guy. The options I wanted etc.

Seriously, I would never take the salesman’s word. :lolling:

I heard people were paying $20,000 over LIST for those new Ford Bronco’s before they were being sold everywhere, but these are Nissan’s with cvt’s. :poke:
My local Ford dealer has 2 Broncos on the lot he is advertising them for.... (drumroll please) $90,000!!!! :rotfl

NMD
Car: 2021 Rogue Platinum AWD
2011 Sentra SR
2022 VW Jetta SE (wife's car, please don't hate)

-Mirrors vibrate. Not a problem on a good road, but I live in LA, so ...
-Sometimes the Nav goes haywire. Totally random.
-Sometimes in a low bright sun parking mode turns on when you stop in traffic. This may be adjusted in settings, I haven't tried yet. Anyways, it cancels with a push of a button.
That's about all the complaints I have about the vehicle. Make sure you set up a drivers profile in the infotainment system, otherwise there's going to be way more glitches.

NMD
2011 Sentra SR

tuhj0k4r wrote:
Tue Apr 19, 2022 7:59 pm
How they heck did you get yours for $37,000?
Dealer probably desperate for a trade-in.

NMD
2011 Sentra SR

Oh, one more thing. $40K+ vehicle with no HomeLink option is ridiculous. Worst case scenario -- be ready to shell out $300-$600 not including "the mirror" for a new garage door opener, like my stupid a** did :)

tuhj0k4r
2022 Rogue AWD

NMD wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:41 pm
Oh, one more thing. $40K+ vehicle with no HomeLink option is ridiculous. Worst case scenario -- be ready to shell out $300-$600 not including "the mirror" for a new garage door opener, like my stupid a** did :)
Wait whattt?? I was just going to get the regular mirror, not the rimless one.

NMD
2011 Sentra SR

Mine came with regular auto dimming mirror. But I wanted HomeLink, not realizing that it's not an option. So they ordered a frameless one for me with the built-in remote. But it's a self-contained Chamberlain unit, not HomeLink, and my door opener is Marantec, lol. Or, rather was. I checked the Nissan inventory on their site and looks like top of the line '22 Rogues are being shipped with the frameless universal remote mirror (I suspect it's the same thing with the Chamberlain remote). Oh, well. My parents have two gates in their building, so carrying three remotes in the car does not look attractive to me. Even two.

tuhj0k4r
2022 Rogue AWD

NMD wrote:
Wed Apr 20, 2022 10:41 pm
Wow my 2010 Nissan altima coupe has regular dimming mirror WITH 3 homelink buttons. I thought this 22 Rogue was same. Just bought this 22 Rogue AWD Platinum. It didn't have the rimless mirror. I didn't want to shell out $400, but now I feel like I shoulda because the regular one doesn't have the garage door opener lol. Can I buy a rimless mirror and add it on myself?

NMD
2011 Sentra SR

tuhj0k4r wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 4:26 pm
Wow my 2010 Nissan altima coupe has regular dimming mirror WITH 3 homelink buttons. I thought this 22 Rogue was same. Just bought this 22 Rogue AWD Platinum. It didn't have the rimless mirror. I didn't want to shell out $400, but now I feel like I shoulda because the regular one doesn't have the garage door opener lol. Can I buy a rimless mirror and add it on myself?
My previous Rogues all had the Gentex mirror with HomeLink. The HomeLink website lists Rogues up to and including MY 2020. Looks like for Nissan the only models that are available with HomeLink are legacy ones, like Maxima, Rogue Sport, and Armada(?).
The mirror itself is available https://parts.nissanusa.com/p/Nissan_20 ... 5ZW14.html
Buyer beware, though! The remote itself is Chamberlain TM110 https://www.chamberlain.com/arq-univers ... M110#setup, check compatibility chart to make sure your garage door opener is compatible. It shouldn't be a problem, since they pretty much have cornered the market, but in my case my Marantec had to go.
They had to make it complicated with different plugs on the stock mirror and the frameless. It's only two wires, though, I'll be doing it this weekend, and let everyone know what happens. If you want a true HomeLink, there is a video on YouTube how to DIY it, I can't find right now. But it's there, I'm sure.

Return to “Rogue Forum”