2020 Sentra

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
DizzyKitty
Car: 2000 Maxima SE- in pieces in yard...
2014 Versa Note - Wife's vroom vroom machine

So every now and then I like to take a break from the ol' classifieds and see what Nissan is doing with their current offerings. In the past Nissan has greatly dissapointed me. First with the IDX concept hype, then with the lack of Manual options in cars. Nissan has a long streak of missed opportunities spanning at least the last decade especially concerning the "enthusiast" crowd. Imagine my surprise when I see the Sentra SR-Turbo and Nismo trims. Finally Nissan decided to make a serious attempt to offer something for the growing resurgence of affordable sporty, dare i say it, "tuners." The only issue is, aside from being five years late to the party, offerings from the competition just seem to give way more bang for your buck. Why would anyone buy a Sentra SR-Turbo over a Honda Civic SI, especially since they decided to stop offering the SR-turbo with a Manual transmission.

Again, I was dissapointed. I wanted to like the turbo Sentra, but something about it just makes want to get back on Craigslist and look for a B13 SER instead. That is until images of the Nissan Sylphy were released in China. With renewed optimism I am currently going wild with crazy speculation. Will there be a turbo trim? Will they continue the Nismo trim? Will they keep the 1.6T engine or use the new 2.0T engine found in the Altima? Will they use this opportunity to gain a leg up on the competition, or will they completely miss the mark in that infamous Nissan fashion?

Image for those who haven't seen it yet.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

"Screw the American Enthusiasts" is written on the walls at Nissan. Even if they come out with something cool in China, they wont bring it here.

DizzyKitty
Car: 2000 Maxima SE- in pieces in yard...
2014 Versa Note - Wife's vroom vroom machine

yeah but, can robots dream?

Return to “General Chat”