2020 Rogue oil change interval

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Gathrun
Car: 2020 Nissan Rogue

Bought a new Rogue in July. Salesman set an appointment as a reminder for November, just as an estimate for when it would be due for an oil change. Reading through the owner manual, the service schedule is every 7,500 miles for an oil change. However, at 3,000 the car's warning for maintenance pops up in the info center?

So which is it? 7,500 or 3,000? And why is the car's interval for its notice not the same as the manual?

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

That's for severe service, stop and go driving, frequent idling, etc.

Heck go get that free oil change. It's all good.:domo:

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

The oil change intervals on your 2nd gen Rogue as the same for all previous models, including the 1st gen.

The maintenance notice popped up for 3k miles because your vehicle is new. The explanation is that there may be some contaminants in the system that worked loose doing this break-in period. Some people see this as a way to sell unneeded service. IF you're going to trade the the car, then follow all recommended service (and keep records), as you can get a higher trade value for it, if it can be listed as 'certified'.
When you buy a new car, change your oil at 3,000 miles to remove metal particles from the engine break-in process. There might be a grain of truth to this, according to the experts at Blackstone. Oil samples from engines during the first 3,000 miles of driving show elevated "wear-in" metal levels, coming from the pistons and camshafts, says Ryan Stark, Blackstone's president. But he added, "To me, it doesn't make that much difference because if the filings are big enough to cause damage, they will be taken out by the oil filter."

Gathrun
Car: 2020 Nissan Rogue

Thanks! Things have changed a bit since my last car was new in 2006. Technology. The first two changes are free, so I just wanted to check that I could reset the info center without too much worry. The dealer offers lifetime warranty on the engine so long as they do all the scheduled maintenance, so that's a plus too.

Return to “Rogue Forum”