2020 G90 will likely top any like-priced sedans

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

As far as I am aware, Hyundai is still determined to sell the Genesis models solely through stand alone Genesis dealerships and they won't be available to any existing Hyundai dealership. There happens to be an actual Genesis-only dealer near me. This same dealer has a separate Hyundai dealership a few miles away. I recently tested a Genesis G90 (2019) and was very impressed with the performance, but definitely not impressed enough to actually buy one. The fully loaded model was priced similar to a Q70L but had kit that was more like the Mercedes S-class.
That said, I just found a video for the 2020 G90 (slated to be available in US later this year). With a 370 BHP V6 and an 8 speed gearbox, it will definitely out-power most rival brands. It also is supposedly able to return 19/30 mpg. Of course, there will be a V8 option as well. It also has double glazed side windows to keep the cabin quiet.
This video should have Inifniti, BMW, and Mercedes management in a bothered, fretful mood. I am sure that neither company has anything like this in the mid-range models. Infiniti will likely make very few changes and continue with the same 'low-mid level luxury' interior that it has used for 9 years. BMW and Mercedes would never put an interior like this G90 in anything less than a 7-series or S class which will cost at least $25,000 more that a G90. Have a squinz and then you (like me) might just re-think the idea of actually buying something that used to be part of the Hyundai line-up.
Would you lot consider a G90 over a Q70 for 2020? The G90 has a 10-year / 100k mile warranty)

LIBRILZ
Car: 1990 Nissan 300zx
2007 M45 Sport

Wow that has me interested, not that I can afford one but man I really do wish Infiniti made something big like that..After having a 98 Q45 it makes me wish for bigger quiet luxury sedans from Infiniti. This G90 with some kind of sport package would be pretty cool, I'm not a huge fan of the wheels and rear end styling on this, it looks lincoln to me, but much of the rest of the car has me impressed from a video

consider the current costs of a 2013 equus maybe this will be in my price range in a few years who knows!

Edit: Nissan of Japan really needs to have more say in their automobiles for them to start to be great again, renault has their hands in too much..Just a few years ago Carlos Ghosn was saying he didn't even care if Infiniti sank or swam..

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Hyundai has made great strides over the last decade, but I'd be hard pressed to buy anything from their regular line up. On the other hand, their premium brand seems to be a bargain in the used vehicle segment. Here's a comparison between a Hyundai Equus and a Rolls-Royce Phantom.

EdBwoy

It has an impressive array of features. I hope it is as refined as it is loaded.

Between Hyundai, Kia and Genesis models, this union is pumping out some serious sheetmetal.
All I can say is that it's their time. There was a time the Japanese (specifically Acura, Lexus and Infiniti) rolled in and flipped the script on what Europeans had established as ground rules for what a premium car should be. I imagine many lost money on the flagship sedans just to build a name, then diluted the brand with time.

It is time for the Koreans to check everyone else on their complacency.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

I agree. For no actual documented reason, the Hyundai line has had a kind of stigma in my head. Maybe it was the fact that a Genesis came from a company that seemed much less refined than Toyota and Honda. Or maybe it was the way they advertised that the Genesis was a 'smarter' purchase than the Mercedes S class. That sort of comparison was a step too far for me.
The good thing is that, like all premier sedans, the G90 will depreciate at least as quickly as Lexus, Acura, and Infinity. That plus the 10 year / 100k mile warranty could make this the G90 a best buy at lease trade-in time.

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”