2019 Rogue SV Hybrid - hi voltage battery indicator

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Lparsons21
Car: 2019 Rogue SV Hybrid

I just bought this 2019 SV Hybrid and all is good, but I keep noticing that the battery indication for the high voltage battery in the center of the dash presentation never gets all bars filled. The last bar has never been filled in. Asked the tech at the dealer about it and he thought it would depending on how I drive. Somehow I’m uncomfortable with that answer.

For info I took a 100 mile trip last week across back country highways. Plenty of time to see the full range of hiway operation though speeds were limited to 55 or less. Never filled in the last bar. Has anyone actually seen the last bar filled in? If so, is this an issue I should pursue?

Thanks

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Welcome to the world of Nissan workmanship where things don’t work perfectly in our Nissan World.

I don’t have a hybrid, but the last bar of my fuel gauge never worked either.

UNTIL 9 YEARS LATER!

Hopefully you won’t have to wait that long to fill the last bar if ever.

So yah, get use to things not working perfectly as the years progress.

Since Renault/Nissan has cheapen the manufacturing process the last few decades.:whistle:

Lparsons21

9 years huh? Hell of a road trip! :)
So probably not a concerning issue.

Thanks

casperfun

Yup, got use to it after that long trip.

You can use your warranty to try to fix it.

Personally I did let it go because others with the same problem had tried to get it fix.

And after some had it repaired twice under warranty, I heard it still was missing the last fuel bar for them still.

My thinking is, no way in hell I'm letting dealership technicians tear apart my fuel system and return the original assembly out of spec.

I feared they would cause more problems then it’s worth by taking it apart and even might create new problems.

Anyways, surprisingly my last fuel bar returned by using a certain combinations of fuel cleaners.

Didn’t think of using them when the rogue was new with the missing bar.

But it would of probably worked 9 yrs ago, how u like dem apples.

But the funny reason is; a new vehicle should not need any fuel additives back then.

Now I get the final bar after 10 yrs when I don’t even care no more since car is old.

But it’s icing on the cake since it finally showed up.

Now watch my original cvt explode.

Murphy’s law. :naughty:

Anyways, it’s your call.

Personally, I would fight my ocd to get my fuel display fixed if it was a hybrid.

As long as they don’t have to take apart my fuel tank.

I mean if it shows up on other hybrids or on the other rogues at your dealer. Get it fixed if it bothers you.

I take it does not bother you. It’s all good.

But if it’s a computer thing, no reason it should not be able to show a full charge like an iPhone these days.

Ummm, I’m no help huh? :inout:

howie411
Car: 2018 Rogue Hybrid

I just hit 1 year on my 2018 Rogue Hybrid and in that whole time I only have seen it hit full bars 1 time and that was when I was coasting down hill for a very long time. I've pretty much determined Nissan can't make a Hybrid. The Rogue can't even make it a whole stop light staying in EV mode. If I had to do it over I would have gotten a RAV4.

Lparsons21

Thanks for the reply. So I can put this ‘issue’ on the don’t worry about list. Mine will stay in EV mode sometimes at a light but it is hit or miss.
Overall I’m pleased with it and I’m getting better than advertised mileage. The single road trip I got just under 40Mpg and my average is just a smidgen above the combined advertised.

casperfun

Fun fact.

When my rogue was new.

On a road trip rural/highway on smooth pavement.

With a tailwind behind me.

Perfect conditions.

I played a game trying to get my fuel display to show the highest mpg.

I got it to around 41-43 mpg.

They removed the highest miles per gallon post in this forum.

But I was pretty pleased with myself back then.

It was close to accurate since I kinda track & approximate my miles from fill up.

So I did above 40mpg for sure.

I get about 16mpg on my display now since I added so many heavy exterior accessories. :naughty:

If I had a hybrid, I probably get 50mpg by using every hyper mile-ing technique, but I’m an old fart now and won’t have the patience anymore. Lol!

Lparsons21

I’ll be taking a road trip within a month to Kansas City, about 350 miles one-way. Most likely will take my preferred non-interstate route as it is just a more pleasant drive and only adds about 35 minutes to the trip. I’m 75 and the nearly bumper-to-bumper traffic across Missouri on I-70 just isn’t my cup of tea anymore.
I’ll be interested to see how mileage fares and if that last bar of battery power fills.

excel_novice
Car: 2019 Nissan Rogue SV Hybrid

i have had my hybrid 11 months and i have seen all bars filled several times. i actively try to run in EV mode as much as possible (8,600 miles on the odometer, but 2,300 of those miles is on the EV Odometer) so i am not sure why it fills up so much. in fact its frustrating when the battery is fully charged yet the engine is still running and using power to move the car...and none of the power is going to the battery. Nissan needs an EV button like the RAV-4 has.

howie411
Car: 2018 Rogue Hybrid

Well seeing how they discontinued the Hybrid Rogue, will never get that button. I've had my '18 Hybrid at little over a year and 1/2 and its basically a glorified stop and go engine system. My gas mileage isn't much better than friends with a regular rogue (yes I know how to drive a hybrid, its my 3rd one). I'm just hoping it holds its value because its a Hybrid and I can trade it in maybe next year for a RAV4 or the new Ford Escape Hybrid.

excel_novice
Car: 2019 Nissan Rogue SV Hybrid

ever since my last post, ive spent the last 2 weeks paying closer attention to the energy flow system.
on my 11+ mile drive to work i get 5 to 6 miles in EV mode. and the display at the end averages mid 40 mpgs...the high is 52 so 40s only get 4 stars
my 11+mile drive home is more upstream , i get 3 to 4 miles in EV and averages low 30 mpgs.

i coast so much to try to get into EV that on my 2.5 city miles to get to the freeway when i start with 2 bars...i can get it to 5 bars before getting on the freeway. When i do get into EV Mode, i feather the gas pedal use the battery and offset the engine breaking.

i have a lease so in Feb 2022 if i keep this up...someones gonna get a 27,000 mile 3 year old car with only 21,000 miles on the engine. i expect better hybrids in 2022 and that Escape Hybrid would be my 1st choice, speaking of Ford...the Lincoln Corsair is the best looking CSUV and will have a hybrid in 2020. and on that note the 2019 Mazda CX-5 was the best looking CSUV and the RAV4 was the best Hybrid, but i went with the lower price. no plug-ins for me.

Return to “Rogue Forum”