2019 Rogue SL AWD Clock Wont Hold Time

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
mntcs
Car: 2019 Nissan Rogue

I just bought this used a few months back with only 23000 mikes on it. Last week, all the sudden the clock was showing the wrong time. I have reset it multiple times and it will hold the time while I am driving but the next time I start it, it will be wrong again reading some random time. It is just out of warranty and Nissan wants $150 just to diagnose it. It will then be more for the repair.(probably a lot more) I see used head units on Ebay for around $200, so that would probably be a better route. Everything else appears to still work fine. Any ideas?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Go into the Navi setup menu (not the menu in the cluster) and make sure it's set up to use GPS time and isn't configured for a wrong time zone. Do that for both keys, the car probably has key-linked settings (take one key into the car by itself and configure, then shut off and remove that key, re-enter with the second key and do the configuration again).

mntcs

Thanks for the response. I will give this a try when I get home later.

mntcs

So. I went into the head unit settings and chose “auto” and entered the offsets in hours and minutes to get it to show the correct time. I shut it off and waited 15 minutes and it was correct. I checked it this morning and it was still correct until I started the engine. It then jumped to a random wrong time.

I made sure to only have one key present when doing this. I repeated this several times and it continued to do the same thing. It worked fine for the previous 4 months that I owned this thing. Everything else still seems to work fine. I bought a stick on clock from Walmart today. Wish I could get this working.

mntcs

Just in case anyone else has this problem, I did finally solve it. I was thinking that the software in the head unit may have corrupted and could possibly benefit from a reboot. I pulled the negative lead off the battery and left it off overnight. After reconnecting, the clock now works correctly.

orbrte2
Car: 2019 Nissan Rouge

The disconnect the battery terminal overnight move also worked for me on my 2019 Rouge

Return to “Rogue Forum”