2019 Rogue--- hit & run collision

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Unfortunate news, the Rogue was involved in a hit and run (while parked) at my dads office. 2nd time this vehicle was hit in the front. Dropped it off at the dealership and gave the keys to them so the body shop can look at it first thing in the morning tomorrow. Would really love to know how much in damage this irresponsible driver has caused to the Rogue.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xFd0ev ... sp=sharing -- Pic 1
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NVqFwh ... sp=sharing -- Pic 2
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1yuq2z2 ... sp=sharing -- Pic 3

macgiver

Not again ????? Your making me rich - I got side bet , get a nickle for every crash you mention .................... :werd:............. :lolling:

So Sorry :facepalm:

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Didn't even hurt the washer tank or the fender. New skirt, insert, fog lamp, trim, bottom cover. Hour and a half's work plus the paint. If it wasn't hit-and-run, I'd say fix it in the driveway.

datechboss101

macgiver wrote:
Wed Feb 09, 2022 5:20 pm
Not again ????? Your making me rich - I got side bet , get a nickle for every crash you mention .................... :werd:............. :lolling:

So Sorry :facepalm:
Yeah. I didn't expect this to happen. But since we don't want the value to drop, we are going to pay out of cash to fix this. Hopefully the value stays where it is and we can get out of this without taking a huge loss.

Luckily no one in my family is hurt in this event. Originally my car was supposed to be sitting at the dealer getting diagnosed first thing tomorrow morning, but right now this car is sitting at the Nissan dealer's onsite body shop.

macgiver

Alright , I know you got lot's of experience taking care of these , your on it . Good luck :naughty:
p.s. I don't think I got enough Nickels to " throw " you any on THIS one , LOL

datechboss101

So I just got the estimates yesterday. Dealership's Nissan approved and certified body shop. Prices do show w/ mechanical labor rates @ $135 per hour and body rates at $48 per hour. I gave them the go ahead to start repairing this vehicle.

Now onto the meat:

New bumper, windshield washer reservoir, right fog light MUST be replaced. This includes all bits and pieces, labor and paint. Comes out to a nice bank eating $2,589.06. This is $1000 more expensive than the body shop that repaired and modified my MDX.

Next: idk what tf is prior damage here....

LCA & Engine cradle was damaged. Dealership prices, we looking $4k for this. Me and my father decided if the engine does blow, this vehicle will literally go to the scrap yard.

Since the "Prior damage" wasn't existing Tuesday night, I am calling this BS. However, I did call around and a Nissan dealer near a certain university offered us the best price, which is $500 off from CarMax. Carvana sent us an insulting offer at just $18,300; vRoom ain't better with $18,800. Nissan dealer where the Rogue is currently at offered $19k on an as-is basis, $21500 if we fixed the vehicle and then sold it to them. Honda and Autonation Audi (well offer was through Autonation, but an Audi dealer of theirs is close to us) offered us close to the Nissan dealer that offered the best price (in terms of manufacturer franchisee).

As this vehicle sits right now, it has no front end and sitting next to another refresh 2nd gen Rogue.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

There's no way that little love tap damaged the subframe (aka engine cradle). If there's damage to the subframe then it preexisted. I'm inclined to call BS.

datechboss101

VStar650CL wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:13 am
There's no way that little love tap damaged the subframe (aka engine cradle). If there's damage to the subframe then it preexisted. I'm inclined to call BS.
Wouldn't the techs doing the multi-point notice this and state this? I was there two times last month, and in both visits I was never notified about the damage. They would always put the vehicle on the lift to drain the oil and change the filter, so I am scratching my head here.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

datechboss101 wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 8:02 pm
Wouldn't the techs doing the multi-point notice this and state this?
In short, yes. Like I said, I'm inclined to call BS.

itsa300zx
Car: 1990 300zx NA W/TT swap
2011 Nissan Rouge S
2008 Highlander SR5

VStar650CL wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:13 am
Agreed

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Curious why didn’t your collision insurance didn’t cover this. Seems no point with insurance.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

@Datechboss101 and insurance is a gory story. If you don't already know, you don't want to. Cover your eyes and nod agreeably.

macgiver

datechboss101 is 1000 times more eloquent , on paper than me ( no big feat ) , could be , should be a professional editorial commentary on , like , cars or something . Packs a good paragraph , and keeeps you reading. $$$$$$$$$$$$$ in it , look at like Howard Stern - they say you either..........OR...........him !!
I don't know what you were majoring in the University , but you CAN sure put " DOWN " on paper , got to hand it to ya ! :yesnod

datechboss101

VStar650CL wrote:
Sat Feb 12, 2022 10:02 pm
@Datechboss101 and insurance is a gory story. If you don't already know, you don't want to. Cover your eyes and nod agreeably.
It ain't my idea to not get insurance involved. Heck, I did call the sheriffs who transferred to Local PD. This was all my dads decision, not me. Convinced him about a million times and he still wants to pay out of pocket. Only issue I just learned yesterday is the dealership's bodyshop ONLY takes credit cards, followed by a cashiers check. :facepalm:

macgiver

Take some good money and RUN , yeah ? No......?

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Yup, always got to make the parents happy and do as they wish. As my parents says, it’s their money and they will do as they please.

Also, on big money ticket services, we don’t mind using our 2% cash back credit cards. We use it whenever possible paying insurance, bills, repairs, food. etc.

Getting a few hundreds back here and there adds up nicely. :naughty:

datechboss101

Update:

Dealer overcharged us by a lot. Ended up being $2100 for the entire repair, cuz, surprise surprise, the windshield washer fluid reservoir was on indefinite backorder. Bodyshop didn't want to risk it, so didn't replace it at all. However, the Rogue is in worse condition than it was in prior to the love tap here. We still need more parts to make this right. There wasn't much panel gap before, but now there are significant panel gaps. One side is more inside than the other; grille pieces are loose than before. They reused a ton of parts, and unfortunately, water is in places where it shouldn't be (reused old fog light housing). Thus, I considered this repair a botched job. Need to take it back end of the week to get some plastic parts fitted perfectly, but don't want to spend more money to get these plastic bumpers and grille bits and fog light housings replaced.

macgiver

The panel gaps may , by luck o' the draw , aligned as soon as you have a 'mild' sideswipp accident , and the paint from the other vehicle simply buffed - out :rolleyes: This may happen fairly soon ??? :spitout:

datechboss101

macgiver wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:04 pm
The panel gaps may , by luck o' the draw , aligned as soon as you have a 'mild' sideswipp accident , and the paint from the other vehicle simply buffed - out :rolleyes: This may happen fairly soon ??? :spitout:
It was already involved in a sideswipe with another Rogue just months into ownership :rotflmao

macgiver

My crystal ball was right ...............thank you :rotfl

datechboss101

macgiver wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 2:23 pm
My crystal ball was right ...............thank you :rotfl
Bruh I swear I had a thread created somewhere on this forum ;)

macgiver

So sorry , d-boss , I won't be a "thread killa " and side-track so much IF that's what you mean .

I mean , ya HAVE noticed my sidestepping on a tangent ,my bad ya , I'ma get back to my T-bone and Gin 'n Tonic :spitout:

datechboss101

macgiver wrote:
Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:10 pm
So sorry , d-boss , I won't be a "thread killa " and side-track so much IF that's what you mean .

I mean , ya HAVE noticed my sidestepping on a tangent ,my bad ya , I'ma get back to my T-bone and Gin 'n Tonic :spitout:
Where was the popcorn & vodka this entire time :gotme

macgiver

:chuckle: No that's a bad combination for me , have'nt been to theatre's lately , but that would be great for watching like Suicide Squad sequel or some'thin ,Ya!
"The Government has classified macgiver one of the craziest Supervillains " keep that in mind :rotflmao
My codename is .........Mr. FKTABULOUS :lolling: My closing move is the "FKTABUL-LOBOTOMY"

p.s. d-boss , I think you really ought to consider journalism , like editorials , etc. in Car & Driver , Motortrend , J.D. Powers , you could " pack " an article with plenty , more than enough content - you're THAT good :cool:

datechboss101

macgiver wrote:
Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:48 pm
:chuckle: No that's a bad combination for me , have'nt been to theatre's lately , but that would be great for watching like Suicide Squad sequel or some'thin ,Ya!
"The Government has classified macgiver one of the craziest Supervillains " keep that in mind :rotflmao
My codename is .........Mr. FKTABULOUS :lolling: My closing move is the "FKTABUL-LOBOTOMY"

p.s. d-boss , I think you really ought to consider journalism , like editorials , etc. in Car & Driver , Motortrend , J.D. Powers , you could " pack " an article with plenty , more than enough content - you're THAT good :cool:
I've considered a bit in joining politics, running for FL congressional district 10 for the American party. :rolleyes:

I did brought up being a reviewer for NICOclub couple years ago when starting uni, but we will see (haven't heard anything from Nissan USA public relations yet). I still gotta publish my article here about MPG comparisons.

macgiver

Politics , wow , that's a lofty goal . Remember , you don't have to " baffle them with bullsh!!T " if you up and know the subject in hand AND convey it well in words or speaking to that large group of people. Develop some charisma - and you can do ANYHING !
" You can do'it Louie , you can do'it " :yesnod

Return to “Rogue Forum”