2019 Radio removal

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
frijolito
Car: Rogue (Xtrail) 2020 Advance

Hey guys, about to get my new 2020 model after having my faithful 2016 for years. One thing I noticed the dash on the passenger side is now like a stitched leather under the airbag. How do you remove this to change the stereo? Anyone removed it? the old model had a carbon fiber type plastic strip that was easily removed, but this looks tricky. Had a look online but couldn't see how to remove it... thanks for any tips..

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

I also looked at removing the radio because my OCD is killing me with the backup camera setup in the 2019 Rogue. I am not sure where the FSM is for the 2019s are located in here, since the FSM page only goes up to 2016.

Typically, the Youtubes and iFixit and those types of places would have a guide, but I am also stumped on this too.

What I am guessing here, there should be clips on that part, similar to the 2016... but I could be wrong, since my 2019 Rogue has hard plastic with fake imitation stitching, instead of leather or soft-touch plastic.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

datechboss101 wrote:
Thu Sep 12, 2019 10:15 pm
I also looked at removing the radio because my OCD is killing me with the backup camera setup in the 2019 Rogue. I am not sure where the FSM is for the 2019s are located in here, since the FSM page only goes up to 2016.

Typically, the Youtubes and iFixit and those types of places would have a guide, but I am also stumped on this too.

What I am guessing here, there should be clips on that part, similar to the 2016... but I could be wrong, since my 2019 Rogue has hard plastic with fake imitation stitching, instead of leather or soft-touch plastic.
Unfortunately due to Nissan changing the formatting of the FSM's we are presently unable to provide anything past the 2016 model year.

You'll be hard pressed to find videos online about modifying the 2019 simply because it's barely been on the market a year now. Most people wait at least a year or more before doing a major upgrade like replacing the radio. Unless you want to take the plunge and be the first to do so and record the process, you'll just have to wait for someone else to do it.

On a related note, even though decorative appearance of the dash may 'look different' from last year's model, disassembling the dash should be accomplished in the same fashion, as they are essentially the same vehicle. When a car company replaces fake wood trim with fake leather, they don't change how the part attaches to the dash, so use the 2018 as a template to follow.

Return to “Rogue Forum”