2018 service manual TM EC

General discussion area for the L33-chassis Altima.
Falsepleasure
Car: 2018 Nissan Altima SL

Thank You for the approval.

Does anyone have the TM section and the EC section of the 2018 Service manual? Ive used the 2016 thats on this site as much as possible but my Altima is push button start and the steps in the 2016 are for a key start. Thanks.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

There were no steel keys on any '16 USDM Altimas. I think you must be mis-translating or misconstruing something.

The FSM's beyond '16 are HTML and not PDF, the only way to access them is to pay Nissan.

Falsepleasure

VStar650CL wrote:
Thu Sep 29, 2022 2:04 pm
There were no steel keys on any '16 USDM Altimas. I think you must be mis-translating or misconstruing something.

The FSM's beyond '16 are HTML and not PDF, the only way to access them is to pay Nissan.
example from 2016 manual
1. Turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds.
2. Turn ignition switch ON.
3. Turn ignition switch OFF and wait at least 10 seconds.
4. Turn ignition switch ON.

I was under the impression that by "Turn ignition...." was meaning turn a actual key...my mistake.
does anyone know how to put the ECM in self diag mode for a 2018? ive tried the steps for 2016 a dozen or more times with no luck.

SRT STATUS MODE
following 2016 instructions my MIL blinks 5 times, would this be the same as "ECM blinks MIL for about 10 seconds if all SRT codes are not set." thats in the 2016?

Thanks

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

"Turn the ignition on" means press the button twice without pressing the brake, such that the dash lights up. This is equivalent to "key-on-engine-off" in a steel key vehicle.

Doing key-on-off operations like IAVL and diag mode are very stilted on I-key vehicles. You'll be better served getting a copy of a phone-based scanner app like Torque Pro or NDS-III along with a compatible bluetooth OBD (ELM327) adaptor. If you have a 'Droid phone then the best choice is CVTz50 and a VeePeak VP11 adaptor, for under $25 you have a scanner which can read the CVT as well as the engine, plus has the most common Work Support items like IAVL.

Falsepleasure

yes I admitted I misunderstood the turn the ignition bit....a common inexperienced person screwup.
I was just trying to read the code and what not so I could look up the code myself. I just had a new cvt installed and the transmission shop is set on the car does not need to be reprogrammed, it will learn its self....yet everything i have seen and read including NTB12-103F says yes the car does require some computer changes when a cvt unit is replaced. Granted this shop has been in business for over 30 years and they are also involved in some racing and racing transmissions so who am I to tell them any different. Hard heads makes a hard life. Ive paid the bill already so they are eating these hours themselves. I had the code checked and it was P0715 input speed sensor.
Ill look into bluetooth OBD, Ive wondered about those. Thank you for the info about them.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The tranny shop is wrong, new IP Char data needs to be loaded into the TCM anytime a new tranny or new Valve Body is installed. I wish they were self-learning but they aren't, the only "learn ins" are for the 2-speed clutch on Sentras and Versas (a completely different tranny). Your '18 has an RE0F10D, so there should be a QR sticker on top of the transmission Range Switch which contains the IP data. Even high-end shop scanners can't put the TCM into erase-and-read mode, so you probably need to visit the dealer to have it done with Consult3+.

The P0715 is concerning, they may have gotten the wiring swapped between the ISS and the Primary Speed Sensor. The wires "Y" and one leg goes to the ISS behind the starter motor, the other goes to the PSS on the end of the tranny. With a little stretching the Y can be accidentally reversed, and the connectors are identical. It's a common mistake and will cause all sorts of misbehavior.

Return to “5th Generation Altima Sedan (2013-2018)”