2018 Rogue Windshield Replacement and ProPilot assist

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
kkoz
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue

We just bought a used 2018 Rogue from a non-Nissan dealer and the collision warning light just kept flashing. We took it in for warranty service at the Nissan dealer and they told us the windshield had been replaced and the ProPilot sensor was disengaged. The Nissan dealer wants $380 to re-engage and calibrate the sensor. Does this seem legit? If so, is this something a place other than the dealership might be able to fix for less cost? Thanks in advance for any insights provided.

Frzninvt
Car: 2021 AWD Rogue SL w/Premium Package
Champagne Silver

I would make the dealership you purchased it from pay for it. Shouldn't that vehicle be under warranty still?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Every Nissan is backed by a 36-month/36,000-mile limited vehicle coverage and a 5-year/60,000 mile limited powertrain coverage. However, this is not a warranty issue, unless the work was done at a Nissan dealership. Did the dealer you purchased the car from offer any type of warranty as far as to it's working condition?

As for going to a non-dealership repair shop, I doubt that even high-end repair shops would have the necessary equipment to properly calibrate the sensor. You could try getting a quote from a different Nissan dealership to see if the first place is in the ballpark.

Lgb0250
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SV

Seems to me that it needs to go back to the dealer it was purchased from. There’s a very good chance that they are the ones who replaced the old one either when they traded for it or when purchased at auction. That makes them the responsible party.

Return to “Rogue Forum”