2018 Rogue Sport/QashQai RPM lurching issue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Immoni
Car: 2018.5 Nissan Rogue Sport (Qashqai) SL AWD

I searched this site but could not find something similar, so apologies if there is.

I recently got a 2018 Rogue Sport SL AWD, and I have noticed that a cold start, either in the morning or after work, there is an issue where the RPM seems to dip below 1K. I am reversing, and I can feel something like engine braking, then it kicks to a higher RPM and lurches backwards. This is the same in drive. I either am going from a dead stop or I am rolling with traffic, but I feel the car start to bog down, almost like there is a choke in the engine. I give minor acceleration, and after a second, it lurches back to life and rocks me forward. Also occurs when the engine is warm.

My local Nissan dealer could not find an issue with the short time they spent on it. I initially thought it was a transmission issue, but it could potentially be more engine related. I have basic car knowledge, but nowhere near enough to figure this one out and help explain it to the dealer. Any help would be appreciated!

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

How many miles on the car?

The simplest check would be to look at your engine air filter. If it's really dirty that could be causing it. Very simple to check.

Other things could be a fuel line problem, blockage, leaking.

Of course transmission. If you had the dealer check it then there must not of been any fault codes.

It's a newer car but could still be a bad idle air control valve.

You could take it to a mechanic that knows how to diagnose and if they find the problem I would go back to Nissan and tell them to pay for the mechanic and any parts since they couldn't do the job properly.

Immoni
Car: 2018.5 Nissan Rogue Sport (Qashqai) SL AWD

Almost 7,000 miles on it now. I'll check those options out, hoping it's an easy fix, thanks!

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

Immoni wrote:
Tue Oct 15, 2019 9:17 am
Almost 7,000 miles on it now. I'll check those options out, hoping it's an easy fix, thanks!
7,000 miles, then take it to the dealer and have them look at it since it's under warranty.

Iteachyoumath
Car: 2019 Rogue S Special Edition, Glacier White

My daughter’s Juke had the same issue. It was the Idle air learn procedure. Take it to the dealer and have them check it. She hasn’t had a problem since.

Return to “Rogue Forum”