2018 Rogue SL Interior Lights

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Fiveldsp
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SL

I am curious if anyone has ever changed the interior lights in their rogues to a different color. In the picture, you can see that all of the buttons are red when the lights come on. I'd like to switch them to blue and was curious if anyone else had attempted it or just how hard it is to remove all of the buttons without damaging them.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

IIRC this came up before and the determination was there's no actual removable bulbs, the led's are built in.

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Its very time consuming so I guess nobody has ever sucesssfully accomplished this. But you could give it a try. I know for the gear selector, its the easiest out of everything. I am not sure about the steering wheel, HCU and HU, because the HCU and HU, it is dealing with electronics, and having a lot of buttons to deal with.

Karona
Car: '99 Infiniti QX4 (R.I.P)
'08 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Saw this done with an Infiniti Qx4, may help you to look in that forum for colour switching. They changed all their lights to blue as well, this involved numerous methods depending on the light source and location, some of which included;

- Replacing a coloured film to change the colour.
- Removing and soldering in new LEDs (This will be the solution for majority of the lights)
- Changing a bulb.

It will undoubtedly be difficult and you will risk damaging the circuit if you're not good at soldering.. Would be best to buy replacement buttons online if possible and try your luck on those first. I'd assume you can expect a lot of 5050SMD LEDs or similar. If you've never done this kind of stuff I wouldn't recommend it, it's easy to burn a hole in your PCB lol (speaking from experience)

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Was never a fan of the red or orange scheme that Nissan loves using.

I had to make my pioneer stereo settings into the orange scheme to match.

But I like going to blue mode at times. To match my blue rogue.

I dim the orange dashboard at night. Really is meh, wen I first saw that ugly orange when I first got it. :barf:

Return to “Rogue Forum”