2018 Rogue SL engine jerks at 40-0kmpr or 0-40kmph

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Inetdesh
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SL

Ever since I bought this car, I'm experiencing this jerking issue when accelerating from 0-40kmph and decelerate from 40-0. Brought to dealer attention and service took for test drive. They said its normal operation and couldn't replicate the issue.
Its daily struggle for me when driving in highway rush hour traffic. Anyone experiencing this issue and any recommendation to get service attention. Also pulling to highway from merging lane, RPM goes to 5000+ as I need to push harder. Had 2015 Rogue SL, it never crossed 3000 RPM but new model reaches 5000 RPM on regular basis. Thanks..

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Well it is known that the Nissan Cvt discussed in here by some has a crappy history, but for a 2018 already?

Now that takes the cake.

"The usual normal operation and can't replicate answer again". From the dealership bs.

Oh come on, you know how your 2015 drove and this one does not feel the same; unless newer nissan vehicles are driving more crappy.

I would get a second opinion.

You should have kept your 2015 since they are the same body style, but what's done is done; and you opted for the newer features.

But trust your gut.

I had the same Jerkiness when driving a few years ago and got rid of it by doing a drain & fill on the transmission.

You could give it a try.

Do you drive on hills or drive hard alot?

My nearly decade old Rogue drives very smooth and never feels disconnected while accelerating.

And the only time I ever went around 5000+ rpms was when I was doing an Italian tuneup while using a can of seafoam.

And I literally had to slam the gas, metal to the pedal driving.

I just can't picture you doing that during everyday driving.

My rpms usually sit around 1500 on the highway.

3000 during takeoff at a light.

2000 if I really tried to save gas when accelerating with no jack rabbit start.

I'm not heavy footed by the way.

Also get nice smooth acceleration at stop lights.

Usually I am ahead of most traffic from a stop except when going against sports or muscle cars.

I thought the Jerkiness was normal once but since the drain and fill, it's been smooth sailing since.

So if it's enough to bother you, then something is definitely wrong.

Because when it happened to me back then, it just annoyed me every time I got that sensation of being shoved in my seat while accelerating.

I'm like WTH! :bs: This is really a piss poor ride.

But those days are gone now.

Just hoping my original cvt don't explode before my 10 yr warrenty ends.

Sometimes I wished it would so I could get a new one, buts it's been rock solid since 2009. :werd:

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

Have Nissan Canada involved in this situation. Should be covered under warranty, since its a brand new vehicle.

Inetdesh

Hi Casperfun and Datechboss101,
Thanks for hour reply.
Toronto is more flat road than hills. Normal drive and no harsh drive like sports Car. This one can't go as sporty even with Sport mode :)
I feel sometimes "shud have kept 2015 Rogue" than having issues with new one. But its done now and have to deal with..

Taking to service to check up again with couple more issues found... :(

Inetdesh

Took it to service and same response as before. We could not duplicate the symptom and monitor again.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

I would sit in the car with them and say.

HEY did you feel that!?..

Did you test drive other rogues and compare it to yours?

When I first got my Rogue nearly a decade ago.

My first impression was it felt like driving a glorified electric golf cart.

Since it was the first time I experienced a cvt, the normal shifting not being there made it feel unusual.

The shifting shudders or tiny Jerkiness of changing gears were now gone.

So that's why it felt smooth during acceleration for myself in my new 2009 rogue.

I'm not talking about the crappy Jerkiness that happened many years later either.

Get a 3rd opinion.

Or maybe your pretty sensitive to your rogues drivetrain.

Maybe you need a Infiniti. Or mercedes.

But no, engine should not jerk you around , excuse the pun. :poke:

amc49
Car: '11 Nissan Versa
'17 Nissan Altima

Car apparently has a tach so document with a phone vid showing the 5000 rpm thing and try to catch the jerkiness jacking the tach around slightly if it happens. It should show.

The 'we can't find anything wrong NOW' thing is the oldest trick in the book, and how the OEMs save millions on warranty work. Force them to hook up an OBD livedata recorder and then the issue will show up over time when it decides to happen. Just because there is no CEL or codes yet does not mean nothing is wrong there, the computers post pending codes too, or momentary errors it has found that have not been decided to post a light over yet as they have not yet met the number of incidents or length of time criteria.

chessmaster
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SV with premium package
Also 2000 Buick Park Ave.

My 2018 Rogue SV does not jerk. However, I drive all my vehicles "gently", for fuel economy, not accelerating or braking hard.
If you expected this to be a race car (its not), then your expections were misplaced.
If its any consolodation, I used to drive like you..squeezing every horsepower out of my car. I got tickets, accidents and even my driver
license taken away once. (too many tickets). Since I slowed down, I have had "0" accidents and tickets for the past 20 years.
Cars last "much" longer when you dont constantly "push them to the max". For example, many dragsters last 1/4 mile, while 300,000 mile, 500,000 mile or even million mile cars are always gently used and well maintained.
My advice is to slow down, or get a race car.

Return to “Rogue Forum”