2018 Rogue SL and 2109 SL differences

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
gholt
Car: ???

i'm looking at buying a Rogue SL either 2018 or 2019. I was wondering if there are major differences between the model years to warrant buying the 2019 version? If not, I'll probably get the 2018 version, or if there are anything that I need to watch out for as well, that would be appreciated.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

AFAIK, the only significant differences between the 2018 SL and the 2019 SL are as follows:

2019 Nissan Rogue: At a Glance
  • Expanded technology availability, including standard Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Intelligent Lane Intervention (I-LI), Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) with Pedestrian Detection and High Beam Assist (HBA) across all grade levels.
  • Rear Automatic Braking (RAB) and Rear Sonar System added as standard on SV and SL grades.
  • Innovative Rear Door Alert added to all grade levels.
  • ProPILOT Assist and 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheels now standard on SL grade (previously available as part of the SL Premium Package)
Would it be worth paying extra for these enhanced features? That's a matter of personal preference that only you can decide. That being said, if you do a SEARCH of the forum you'll find many people have had problems getting some of the nanny-tech features to work correctly (if they work at all). And don't forget there's the added expense of repairing them if/when they fail.

The 2019 should still have more of it's factory warranty left than the 2018. If either vehicle is a Nissan Certified Pre-Owned (sold at a Nissan dealership), that's something else to take into consideration.

gholt

Thanks. I didn't think about all the new electronic gadgets breaking.

I'm leaning to thw 2018, for a little better price. I'm getting it from Hertz. So, it has a little bit of the manf. warranty left.

I know the AWD drive has changed significantly. Will these be good for driving up to Ski resorts. I typically drive up once a week during the winter. I'm hoping these will do well without having to have 4wd, otherwise, I'll just get a truck, if i need 4wd for that.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

All-wheel-drive isn’t on all the time

Let’s clear up one misconception about AWD versus FWD: On many all-wheel-drive cars, most of the time only the front wheels are powering the vehicle, or rear wheels if it’s based on a rear-drive model. AWD only kicks in when it’s called for, or a fraction of a second just after. This helps fuel economy. Most of the time, all-wheel-drive means front-wheel-drive plus an extra 100 to 250 pounds of weight.

Even on a snowy or icy road, all-wheel-drive may remain disengaged most of the time. The trick is how quickly the car senses it needs torque (power) at the undriven end and then begins to deliver it. Those fractions of a second can be unnerving if you’re trying to start up on a hill or gain traction on an icy surface.
2019 Nissan Rogue SL-AWD Wicked Wintah Weathah Test Report
We tested the 2019 Nissan Rogue SL-AWD in a typical New England winter storm – Here’s how it performed.

gholt

Thanks that helps a lot. Looks like people in NE drive just the people in Utah during a winter storm.

Return to “Rogue Forum”