2018 Rogue Moon Roof Weatherstripping Replace/repair

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Most parts store scanners can read out SRS, but most places won't clear codes for you (even though they can). It's a liability thing.

Cczkcb
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue

VStar650CL wrote:
Thu Jan 05, 2023 8:43 pm
You probably cycled the key with the seat disconnected. My bad, I should have thought to warn you about that. I don't know of any way to clear it using Diag Mode like you could with older models, I'm pretty sure you need an SRS-capable scanner. So sorry!
:blush:
No apologies needed. You helped me so much and I'm sure save me hundreds of dollars of labor elsewhere to have this done. Not to mention, aside from you, I doubt anyone would have been as meticulous with the drying out as I have been. If I have to spend a diagnostic fee to get reset, then it was well worth it.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

:dblthumb:

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Cczkcb wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 5:48 am
Not to mention, aside from you, I doubt anyone would have been as meticulous with the drying out as I have been.
More people should be as circumspect about the health hazards as you. In addition to stachybotrys, the well-known killer black mold, any of these three can also end up underneath your carpet from rain or flood leaks. Screwing around is very simply taking someone's life in your hands, your own or your family's. And like bad grounds causing spark coil failures, no one may ever put 2+2 together to associate where that case of Valley Fever came from.
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/fun ... ions-found

Cczkcb
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue

VStar650CL wrote:
Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:55 am

More people should be as circumspect about the health hazards as you. In addition to stachybotrys, the well-known killer black mold, any of these three can also end up underneath your carpet from rain or flood leaks. Screwing around is very simply taking someone's life in your hands, your own or your family's. And like bad grounds causing spark coil failures, no one may ever put 2+2 together to associate where that case of Valley Fever came from.
https://www.sciencenews.org/article/fun ... ions-found
Very true. I'm allergic to mold. Nothing too severe in reaction, but the headache, stuffy nose, etc. This constant exposure isn't good for anyone, so I'm hypersensitive to the need to eradicate the problem or the potential for mold growth. My kid is more sensitive to mold than I and this is the vehicle they drive, so maybe I went overboard in the spraying of the mildewstat of Odoban on all the underside and top side of carpet, styrofoam, insulation but I'd do it again if need be.

I am beyond grateful for all your advice. I wish Nissan would come up with a better fix or at least pay for the cleaning. Now to get some silicone on the rubber seal and verify no water coming in through the moonroof. (yes, I should have verified that before reassembly. It did sit out in the rain, I just don't know if it was enough water to verify no water inside. Going to try a car wash :ohno: )

Return to “Rogue Forum”