2018 Rogue AWD creaking noise at low speed

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Pharmer
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue S AWD

When coming to a stop and on slow acceleration. Sounds like loose u-joint and creaking noise. 26k miles only. Could it be in rear differential? Need some direction before taking in to dealer. It's a lease but thinking of buying cause residual is less than market value.

D1dad
Car: 2021 Nissan Altima SR
2018 Nissan Rogue Midnight
2009 Nissan Altima SL

Sorry I can’t help but have a similar issue. More of a clunk, like slop in the drivetrain that no tech can be of help with. Fwiw if your gonna buy it, service the cvt via the dealer and exchange your transfer and diff fluids, preferably diy to save some money. I’m in the same boat as you. My 2018 could be bought for about $3500 less than I could buy it off the lot and only guess how it was taken care of. I did my cvt at 40k but wish I’d have done it earlier. I did the gear fluids at the same time and the transfer fluid was downright shot. My rear diff surpringly was fine. I serviced the transfer and diff 3 times in a thousand miles and settled on amsoil 80w90 synthetic the last time. Picked up a little better fuel mileage and quieter operation as a bonus.

Pharmer
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue S AWD

Thanks for the reply. When I took it to dealer they could not duplicate it as it went a away when warmed up. It's my wife's car and I only take it on short trips when cold. They offered to keep it overnight and give me a loaner. Not sure about keeping this car, CVT's seem to have a lot of slack in them.

D1dad
Car: 2021 Nissan Altima SR
2018 Nissan Rogue Midnight
2009 Nissan Altima SL

Just the AWD have slop in them from my personal experience. I have 2 Altima’s, an 09 and 21 and no slack at all. I also had an 07 Murano fwd and it was tight. I’m not happy with the issue but it’s not getting worse and the techs can’t figure it out, so they just call it normal.

Return to “Rogue Forum”