2018 Rogue add rear USB charging

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Scodaddyo
Car: 2018 Rogue

Just got a new (used) 18 Rogue SL with 1800 miles and no rear USB ports. I see the part online for 66 bucks. Can I do the install? Anyone do it themselves?

Thanks.

Lone Wolff
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD
2010 Ford F150 Lariat 4x4 5.4L
2010 Ford Fusion SEL

Your lowest cost and easiest option is going to be just using a 12v car USB charger. Use that in the 12v power point in the cargo area, or the center console.

Trustbicycles
Car: 2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Hello,
My Rogue Sport did not come with rear USB charging ports.
I’d like to install the factory USB Port myself.
Does anyone know if there is an existing harness connector inside of the center console to accept Part number T99Q7-6MA0A.
Thank You.
Last edited by Rogue One on Sat May 04, 2019 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merged with existing thread

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Trustbicycles wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 12:41 pm
Hello,
My Rogue Sport did not come with rear USB charging ports.
I’d like to install the factory USB Port myself.
Does anyone know if there is an existing harness connector inside of the center console to accept Part number T99Q7-6MA0A.
Thank You.
Please take a moment to read the HOUSE RULES (creating a new thread for an existing topic is a no no). Merged with existing thread.

--------> READ BEFORE CREATING NEW THREAD! <--------

Trustbicycles
Car: 2019 Nissan Rogue SL

Apologies, I apparently thought wrong that Since my Rogue was a newer model (2019 vs 2018) it would require a New thread. From now on I’ll pose my questions onto older threads with same model car/topic, irrespective of the Model year.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Trustbicycles wrote:
Sat May 04, 2019 11:20 pm
Apologies, I apparently thought wrong that Since my Rogue was a newer model (2019 vs 2018) it would require a New thread. From now on I’ll pose my questions onto older threads with same model car/topic, irrespective of the Model year.
Car manufacturers do not completely redesign their vehicles for every model year, so other than cosmetic changes or the addition of new equipment, pretty much everything stays the same during a given generation. There's always going to be some exceptions to that rule, but in this case even if the original question/answer had been for a 2015, it still would have applied to the 2019.

Updates and enhancements for the 2019 Rogue:
  • New Special Edition Package (S grade) featuring 17-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, heated exterior mirrors with integrated LED turn signals, leather-wrapped steering wheel and shift knob, heated driver's and front passenger seat, chrome exterior and interior door handles and roof rails
  • New Premium Package (SV grade) with 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels, ProPILOT Assist and electronic parking brake
  • Expanded technology availability, including standard Lane Departure Warning (LDW), Intelligent Lane Intervention (I-LI), Automatic Emergency Braking (AEB) with Pedestrian Detection and High Beam Assist (HBA) across all grade levels
  • Rear Automatic Braking (RAB) and Rear Sonar System added as standard on SV and SL grades
  • Innovative Rear Door Alert added to all grade levels
  • ProPILOT Assist and 19-inch aluminum-alloy wheels now standard on SL grade (previously available as part of the SL Premium Package)
  • ProPILOT Assist now available on SV grade as part of both the Premium and Sun and Sound Touring Packages

Scodaddyo
Car: 2018 Rogue

This for the reply. If I wanted to just use the existing ports in the center console I would not have posted about adding the USB ports!!!

DenisMcG
Car: 2009 Infiniti FX50

I used a 12 volt USB port cable. I wanted something with the ability to charge without the ignition being on. I found a constant 12 volt source at the subwoofer connector and just tapped into that. This is in my 2009 Infiniti FX50, but you should be able to find a voltage source in your Rogue.

https://www.amazon.com/Ginsco-Charger-S ... ay&sr=8-18

Return to “Rogue Forum”