2018 Nissan Rouge SV AC noise

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
NinjaBiscuit
Car: 2021 Nissan Rogue Platinum AWD

Lately, I've been hearing a very annoying noise from my car's AC. I know it's coming from the AC because if I drive with the AC OFF, the sound is no longer there, but as soon as I turn ON the AC, I hear the sound.

I brought my car to McPhillips Nissan three times and their mechanic said there is no sound! I took it to Crown Nissan and the findings is that "it's a normal AC sound, that if you turn OFF the AC, the sound is no longer there." Asinine, I know. I asked them if I could test drive even just one car in the showroom and if I hear the same sound, I'll hush my mouth, of course they couldn't!

Here is the sound that I'm hearing: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-FIRNs ... p=drivesdk

Please tell me what should I do. I'm going back to Crown Nissan tomorrow to have them hear this!

macgiver

Most likely the blower motor / blower fan causing it , and IF in the END is futile taking to ANY Dealerships , which you WILL soon tire and give up ( IF all do nothing) - understandable . Problem is , no one will take on R & R of dash for a low-level noise , THEY figure only bothers you (unless you appear to be a very , very rich fool). Corporate won't probly back 'em here. And the 95% that it IS blower motor, it will break soon, need the R & R , AND maybe find some debris "SOMEONE WHO IS NOT YOU" :facepalm: dropped in vent/ defrost - hate to say it- Just blast your favorite music loud ("auto-loudness" to MAX). When the zshzithit hits the fan (and maybe literally ) , is probly when you get to bottom of this - after some kind of breakage?
My dishonestly honest opinion Fuggggeetttttabbouutttiiiittttt. ??? :chuckle: SWIM is a b**** :rotfl

Scuzz Twittly "Party like Charlie Sheen" LOUD on the way to the sports Bar , WHAT AC NOISE? This's 'Merica :yesnod

NinjaBiscuit

69 views to my post and only 1 incoherent reply.

F*ck Nissan!

macgiver

Nissan will make that look like Godspeed.

But seriously 90% of it is TRUTH , hard to take , throw out the humor , and still there you have it.
Please forgive the humor part Ninja.

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Just want to say there is definitely something wrong because I get that sound on a 2003 Camry.

It has to deal with the ac belt, pulley, tensioner which unlike the Rogue is a different set up.

Point is, that noise is a problem. Dealer is bullshitting you.

What I find amazing is that you have a practically newish car with a warranty and you can’t even find a way to get that improper sound fixed.

No wonder Nissan hasn’t made a profit this year and major layoffs.

s*** going downhill as years progress.

Heck my 2009 Rogue has not had any major issues with its original cvt and just normal wear and tear items that need to be replaced as scheduled.

Definitely no weird ac sounds.

Try cleaning the air filters.

Maybe a rodent is living up in your blower area and messed things up.

Cuz that squeal would annoy the hell out of me.

On my Camry I tried to fix, but the sound came back. Sometimes if I press and depress the ac button.

It goes away, but a pain in the wazoo! :bs:

NinjaBiscuit

casperfun wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:58 am
Just want to say there is definitely something wrong because I get that sound on a 2003 Camry.

It has to deal with the ac belt, pulley, tensioner which unlike the Rogue is a different set up.

What makes me fuming is when they said it's a normal AC sound!

I told the guy from McPhillips Nissan, look if I heard that sound when I test drove my car, I wouldn't have bought that piece of trash!

I owned a 2012 Hyundai Elantra in Dubai for 6 years! I never had any mechanical or whatever issue, never, ever!

6 years with 180K+ kilometers on a Hyundai Elantra, just in case that didn't sink in.

Meanwhile, I bought this Nissan trash last November and I already have a (phantom - to the Nissan mechanics) AC problem!!!

Will never buy a Nissan again

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Back in the day I actually test drove a 2009 Hyundai Santa Fe which was the Rogue equivalent back then.

I didn’t like the ride as a rear passenger.

Also Hyundai was just on the cusp of transforming itself to the exceptional brand it had more become today. Nissan was still was one of the top three as in Toyota, Honda, Nissan.

Reason why I chose the Rogue.

But wow, I am really impress with the Hyundai Suv lineup.
Even the Tucson is pretty big and always been eye catching to me. Rode one when relatives visiting from Canada rented one. Very nice, only thing that bothered me was the beeping sound on during the turn signals.

Even the Kona looks hot.

And they even have a turbo in the Santa Fe.

I actually think the side of the modern Rogue looks like every other Cuv out there. At least the bubblish first generation looked unique.

I felt they should of made a larger size of the Nissan Rogue Sport as being the normal sized Rogue. That would have been way better.

Never like the way the present Rogue has a narrow looking rear caboose when viewing it.

Anyways, don’t give up.

Somebody has to know what is causing that sound.

There are websites out there with Nissan technicians giving advice if I remember right when I had a problem.

This is the World Wide Web so the answer is out there.

I am sure you will get it fixed and will be happy when that day comes.

You might just need that one mechanic who will help you.
Find somebody you can build a rapore, like something in common, as in kids, sports, politics, or cars, whatever.

So your not just a annoying number.

Then maybe that one person will hear that annoying noise and help you.

I always try to be friendly with some Nissan techs who look like I would interact with socially in real life just in case the Nissan dealership might give me a problem and I need advice.

Fortunately I never needed to ask for extra help. But I try to keep an eye on anybody who could give me a second opinion in the organization.

Visit multiple nissans. No way in hell everybody could be an as$hole and not hear that screeching hell.

Ask in the other forums in nico club. I’m sure there is an air conditioning forum or the like.

Try anywhere.

You already have the sound in you tube. It will be solved trust me.

You don’t need luck.
I know this will be fixed.

You have a 2018. That’s practically new.

Surprise those jerkoffs didn’t let you test drive a car to compare or even join you.

After you spent money there!

This is why you need to find that one employee you can befriend. I would have just been nice to ANOTHER service advisor who would join me in the rogues to test drive and compare.

Obviously, the one you had was a douche or a lazy person.

I would have not left so easily.

Now get off your butt; You can do it. :poke:

If you don’t and live with that god forsaken squeal then you deserve to be :nutkick.

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

NinjaBiscuit wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:44 pm
casperfun wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:58 am

What makes me fuming is when they said it's a normal AC sound!

I told the guy from McPhillips Nissan, look if I heard that sound when I test drove my car, I wouldn't have bought that piece of trash!

I owned a 2012 Hyundai Elantra in Dubai for 6 years! I never had any mechanical or whatever issue, never, ever!

6 years with 180K+ kilometers on a Hyundai Elantra, just in case that didn't sink in.

Meanwhile, I bought this Nissan trash last November and I already have a (phantom - to the Nissan mechanics) AC problem!!!

Will never buy a Nissan again
You 100% sure you are going to the correct dealer? Sounds like Dealer A and B is screwing you over and waiting for that warranty to expire. Hence you need to try dealers C, D, and E. Also, I was like you, and I said no more Nissans too. But, ended up with two more Nissans, Kicks and Rogue SV.

Try to get Nissan Canada involved, and you physically need to check your entire AC system. Have an indie mech look at the issue if you want.

BTW 112k on a 2012 Hyundia is nothing.

macgiver

Would be interesting to see how many Dealers "total" you WILL have gone to in this fiasco , please let us know , Relay your experience please, In the end.

Return to “Rogue Forum”