2018 Nissan Rogue Valve Body (CVT) Pressure Sensor

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Branrae3
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue SV

I apologize if this has been asked but I’ve searched and can’t find any related posts.
I have a 2018 Rogue SV that started slipping about a week ago. We made it home but then it wouldn’t go into any gear. It was giving us a P0871 Trans Fluid Pressure Sensor C code. After some research we discovered this isn’t a part we can buy alone. We have to purchase the entire valve body. Ok fine we go to the dealer and they start treating us like idiots. We were told everything from it could be a trans fluid issue, to it needs a new valve body to it needs a new transmission. We are out of warranty and my husband was a transmission mechanic for 15 years so he has plenty of experience to replace the valve body. However, we then learned it has to be reprogrammed. We started with changing the fluid and filter and it ran great for about 3 days no code. Today it started slipping again and giving the same code. I know Nissan has extended the warranties on many of these rogues to either 84,000 or 120,000 but I’m at 129,000 right now. I’m so distrustful of these dealerships and I’m worried about replacing the VB and then them saying I still need a new transmission. Has anyone had this particular problem? How did you fix it? I’m especially interested in those who completed the repair yourself. ANY information is greatly appreciated thank you!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

If there are no other codes and a fluid change stopped the slippage temporarily, then chances are you just have a bad VB and don't need a whole tranny. However, a D&F will almost never resolve a P0871, a bad VB is pretty much certain. Dropping the VB is necessary anyway in order to inspect the belt and pulleys, and that's the only way to be certain the tranny itself is okay.

Return to “Rogue Forum”