2018 Infiniti QX60 New Upgrades ?

Discussion forum for the Infiniti JX35 / Infiniti QX60 - This 7-seat premium crossover dominates the class.
slice235
Car: 2004 G35 Coupe

Looking to purchase a QX60 or an Acura MDX within the next year. Have been test driving a 2017 QX model as loaner as my EX35 is in the shop. Not the performance ride like the EX35 but very comfortable. Looking for a smooth and roomy ride to tour in retirement with a large Flat Coat retriever, so this is on the list. Power is fine with 295 hp and the cabin design is superior to the Acura, but the Acura is a much better performance vehicle but a bit smaller. However Infiniti is really behind with the Infotainment system. However the Acura infotainment system is too complex and bulky. Hopefully Infiniti will be upgrading the infotainment system including Android Auto or Apple Autoplay which would be a nice upgrade. Any thoughts on infotainment upgrades for 2018? Other question is what Infiniti will include in their 2018 standard package and how they will present their upgrade options. The current upgrades really force one to accept options you don't want, so hopefully this will change in 2018.

Also any other QX60 upgrade information would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance

slice235

So no insight from anyone on anticipated revisions to the Infiniti QX60 for the upcoming 2018 release?

dgchurch
Car: 2013 Infiniti JX35
2011 BMW 528i

Would be nice if they incorporated the Apple or Android car play but no idea if that is going to happen. Only insight I can provide is reliability has been solid. I've got a '13 JX bought in July '12 and no issues to date - 143K miles. Good luck.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Official news:
http://infinitinews.com/en-US/infiniti/usa
2018 INFINITI QX60 – available fall 2017
The popular, highly awarded QX60 crossover comes equipped with a standard 295-horsepower 3.5-liter V6 direct injection engine and an electronically controlled CVT with D-Step Logic.

It is offered in two models: QX60 3.5 RWD and QX60 3.5 AWD. The QX60 Hybrid model will not be offered for the 2018 model year.
Unofficial news:
2018 Infiniti QX60 Release Date, Price, Changes
The 2018 Infiniti QX60 is highly anticipated as people are expecting some major changes in the crossover. Infiniti QX 60 was initially launched in the year 2011. It is a crossover with three rows. Pathfinder by Nissan and Infiniti QX60 share the same platform. Though Pathfinder’s features have been updated there have been o changes in the Infiniti QX60.

2018 Infiniti QX60 – Design Changes
The new Infiniti QX60 is expected to have a longer front end as it is being speculated that it will have a new platform. The new Infiniti QX60 will have more width but the length and the height of the crossover will almost be the same. The car will have the capacity to accommodate seven passengers. Though a new version which will be able to seat six passengers may also be available. The space on the inside will roughly remain the same. It will have a clamp shell hood. The front of the car will also be revamped.

Infiniti is known for giving their cars the best of technology both inside and the outside. There are various safety and technical features which will be available in the new Infiniti QX60 such as; BI or backup Collision system, Around View Monitor which gives 360 views of the surroundings, Lane Departure Prevention system, Forward Emergence Braking, Lind Spot Prevention, Intelligent Cruise Control etc. The whole car is sensitive to objects and people making it one of the safest cars to own. The dashboard will be more horizontal which will be easy to view. This is especially helpful during the long journeys.

2018 Infiniti QX60 – Engine Specs
The engine on the new 2018 Infiniti QX60 is expected to be same as the one on the Infiniti QX50. It is going to be a twin-turbo V-6 engine. It will be a 3.0-liter version. This version of the engine has torque output of 295 lb. – ft. and can produce 300 hp. One lesser known fact about this engine is that it is a downsized version of the engine which has been in use on VR38 DETT. The engine will come either with an all- wheel drive or a rear wheel drive. It will come with a seven-speed automatic transmission. The intelligent all- wheel drive is of great assistance to the driver. If the conditions are not optimal half of the power is transferred to the rear wheel. Speed and power are all automatically controlled.

2018 Infiniti QX60 – Release Date and Price
The new 2018 Infiniti QX60 will be a perfect amalgamation of style and technology. The starting price is expected to be around $45,000. But this price has not been officially confirmed yet. As far the launch is concerned, we are expecting the Infiniti QX60 to come on the market in the last few months of 2017. The dates and the prices of various versions are yet to be confirmed by the company. The price is expected to be on the slightly higher side due to various safety features that come even with the base trim of the crossover.

slice235

Thanks everyone for your input. I had my 2008 EX35 Journey in at the dealership for 3 weeks to sort out an electrical issue which turned out ok. Have 125,000 miles and it still rides like a dream. However looking for a larger cross-over for the retirement road trip which includes a large flat-coat retriever. While the EX was in the shop I was driving a fully loaded 2017 QX60. Great quality, high end cabin interior, and good acceleration with the 290 hp engine. However I just couldn't get used to this large buggie. Either you are a truck guy or not. I owned a couple of Nissan Z's years ago and bought a Infiniti G35 which I drove before the dog arrived :). Traded it in the the EX35 which has the same platform as the G35 which satisfied my sports car desire. Looking for more room than the EX35 but still maintain a sporty ride. My Infiniti guy gave me a heads-up on the new QX50 cross-over as presented at the Detroit Auto Show. Very impressive concept design and looks to be about the same dimensions as the Lexus RX350. Some sources peg the base price at about $35k or about $10k less than the QX60. I guess this will remain to be seen, but hopefully it will be larger in size than the 2017 QX50 and come with more standard features. If anyone has any insight on the new 2018 QX50 design, please let us all know.

Return to “Infiniti JX35 / QX60 Forum”