2017 Sentra starts but won't drive

A great resource for Nissan Sentra, Infiniti G20, 200sx, Pulsar, NX1600, NX2000, Tsuru, Primera and Sunny owners.
MoogLe

Hey guys,

Bought a Salvage title Sentra with front end damage with 600 miles on the clock off auction a few weeks ago and now that I have it, the car starts but will not move in any gear.

It's an auto which if I'm correct,is a CVT transmission.

The transmission does not seem to have a dip stick but I used a piece of wire to check the fluid and it seems to have fluid in it, can't tell if it's the correct level though.

I have not scanned for any codes yet, will be getting a scanner tomorrow to do that, but I'm looking for ideas as to what this could be. Seeing as the front damage was not very bad, did not really get any further than the radiator, I doubt/hope the transmission did not get damaged in the accident. How susceptible are these to get damaged?

I will be going under the car tomorrow to get a better look at the axles.

Any ideas and tips would be very helpfull!

macgiver

mac , sounds simple here , but you sure the damage isn't preventing the "linkage" from ACTUALLY shifting into gear positions & ,and I mean properly in detents - if used?

MoogLe

So upon jacking it up I found a small hole in the transmission oil pan, apparently most of the oil leaked out.

So I will be filling it back up this week but I'm sure this is what the problem was.

Thanks for the suggestion anyway Mac.

Return to “Sentra Forum / Infiniti G20 Forum / Pulsar / NX Forum”