2017 Rogue with Tilt Down Side Mirrors when in Reverse??

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
psyman42
Car: 2001 Honda Accord EX (Totaled)
2007 Honda CRV EX (Traded In)
2014 Nissan Rogue SV Premium Package (Sold)
2017 Nissan Rogue SL Platinum Reserve Premium Package

A month ago I test drove a 2017 Nissan Rogue however I don't remember the model BUT i distinctly remember when I put the car in Reverse seeing both side mirrors tilt downward. Fast forward to today, I got my my 2017 Nissan Rogue SL Platinum Premium and the mirrors didn't tilt down nor can I find anything about the tilt down in the manual...was I going crazy during my test drive???? Anyone able to confirm??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Available feature on the Murano, not the Rogue.

psyman42

well that's gonna be one lucky owner of a 2017 Nissan Rogue with the tilt down feature. I know I test drove a 2017 Rogue and I walked around and inspected the car with the sales person as he showed me around and we played around with the rear door kicking option. I was comparing everything that my 2014 didn't have. I used the tilt down feature twice during my test drive.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Just for giggles, you could try this: With the mirror adjustment button toggled to the left side, then the mirrors should tilt downwards when backing up. When the mirror adjustment button is put back in the middle, the mirrors do no adjust.

Again, as far as I know, the reverse tilt-down mirror feature is only available on the Murano, Maxima, Pathfinder, and the Titan. IF this option were to be offered, it would only be on the Platinum and Platinum Reserve editions. There is the off chance that the dealership had it installed on that one vehicle, per customer request, only to have the sale fall through.

psyman42

I do have the SL Platinum Reserve Premium car...basically fully loaded with everything and my car doesn't have it. I even checked the website and info on each car and you're right about the Murano and Maxima and other select cars have the feature.

What you said makes sense about the installation being a special order as now I remember reading a small number of second gen Rogues having a remote start installed by the dealer without any problems.

The Rogue would've been greater if it did have those tilt mirrors though....sigh.....

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

So what is the big draw with the side mirrors pointing down when in reverse? I don't see how this helps with anything. When I go in reverse I have one hand on the wheel and the other on the back on the passenger seat while looking backwards.

colonelcasey
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL

It helps when you're trying to line up with the curb or center yourself against the parking space lines. Though the Around View system takes care of much of the functionality already.

psyman42

Rogue One wrote:Just for giggles, you could try this: With the mirror adjustment button toggled to the left side, then the mirrors should tilt downwards when backing up. When the mirror adjustment button is put back in the middle, the mirrors do no adjust.

Again, as far as I know, the reverse tilt-down mirror feature is only available on the Murano, Maxima, Pathfinder, and the Titan. IF this option were to be offered, it would only be on the Platinum and Platinum Reserve editions. There is the off chance that the dealership had it installed on that one vehicle, per customer request, only to have the sale fall through.
So I was wrong about the tilting being installed after all, it wasn't installed but rather what you said to do, put the mirror adjustment toggled...GREAT LIFEHACK! How did you know????

psyman42

The reason I like the tilting option is because when you're backing up I would like to see and avoid as much as possible hitting the curb and scratching up my rim or other objects such as glass bottles or other garbage (I live in NYC, common stuff found on street). The around view monitor does show the curb but only from a distance. Tilting the mirror would give a better visible closer angle. Even when you press the Camera button twice it only gives you the front tire as I find this view useless as it doesn't help with backing up into a space. Only helps me when I'm done parking and want to compare my results.

SebaVT
Car: Nissan 2017 Rogue SL

I have a 2017 Rogue SL fully loaded and it has the tilt down mirrors when is in reverse. I noticed that this feature works only when you have your seat position saved in one of the two memories. Try saving your seat position (that also save the mirrors position) then call that memory and you will have yours mirrors pointing down when backing up.

:dblthumb:

joanzen
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SL

I just today came home with my 2017 Rogue SL with Premium/Platinum/Platinum Reserve Interior pkgs. I also noticed that when I put in reverse, the outside mirrors tilted down. I looked through the entire owner's manual and found no mention of it. However, after playing around in the car a bit, I discovered that if the outside mirror adjustment toggle is in either the left or right position, the mirrors will tilt down when the car is put into reverse, but if the toggle is in the center position, they do not. It's an interesting, hidden feature!

joanzen
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SL

psyman42 wrote:I do have the SL Platinum Reserve Premium car...basically fully loaded with everything and my car doesn't have it. I even checked the website and info on each car and you're right about the Murano and Maxima and other select cars have the feature.

What you said makes sense about the installation being a special order as now I remember reading a small number of second gen Rogues having a remote start installed by the dealer without any problems.

The Rogue would've been greater if it did have those tilt mirrors though....sigh.....
Try adjusting your mirror adjustment toggle to either the left or right position (not the center). I bet your mirrors tilt down when in reverse, like mine do!

Nissan58

Rogue SL with SL Premium package, outside mirror adjuster on the drivers side must be either toward the right or left mirror and NOT in the center. When you backup the outside mirrors will tilt, if the adjuster is in the middle the outside mirrors do NOT tilt.

NOVA718
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SL w/Premium Package
2016 Honda Accord Sport (Traded in)
2014 Toyota Avalon XLE Touring (Sold)
2002 Nissan Maxima GLE (Sold)
1997 Nissan Altima SE (Sold)

Got a 2017 Rogue SL w/Premium package and the mirror has tilted down a few times and sometimes it didn't. Might try some of the settings mentioned above and see if it works consistently. It definitely helps a lot when you're parallel parking.

ProTruckDriver
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Platinum Reserve Premium Package
Ext: Monarch Orange
Int: Platinum Reserve

joanzen wrote:I just today came home with my 2017 Rogue SL with Premium/Platinum/Platinum Reserve Interior pkgs. I also noticed that when I put in reverse, the outside mirrors tilted down. I looked through the entire owner's manual and found no mention of it. However, after playing around in the car a bit, I discovered that if the outside mirror adjustment toggle is in either the left or right position, the mirrors will tilt down when the car is put into reverse, but if the toggle is in the center position, they do not. It's an interesting, hidden feature!
I found this by accident last night on my new 2017 Rogue SL AWD with Premium / Platinum Package. I thought someone was playing with my mirrors after parking in a parking lot. :rotfl I must have hit the slide button for the mirrors when I got into the vehicle. I couldn't find any information on this in the owners manual so I googled it and it brought me to this forum. After reading the posts here I know how it works now. :)

dwhepburn

I don't know if you got the answer you wanted or not, but we own the same 2017 Nissan Rogue SL (Platinum edition) and I have found that the mirrors do tilt down when backing up, but only if the mirror switch is either clicked on the left mirror or on the right mirror. If it in the center, or off position, the mirrors do not move when you start to back up. Hope that helps. We just discovered this and could not any explanation in the manual either. I'm going to call the dealership soon and ask if this is how it is supposed to operate.

dwhepburn

I don't know if you got the answer you wanted or not, but we own the same 2017 Nissan Rogue SL (Platinum edition) and I have found that the mirrors do tilt down when backing up, but only if the mirror switch is either clicked on the left mirror or on the right mirror. If it in the center, or off position, the mirrors do not move when you start to back up. Hope that helps. We just discovered this and could not any explanation in the manual either. I'm going to call the dealership soon and ask if this is how it is supposed to operate.

NMD
Car: 2021 Rogue Platinum AWD
2011 Sentra SR
2022 VW Jetta SE (wife's car, please don't hate)

I may be missing something, but I fail to see how this option is even relevant anymore when around the view monitor is available.

prj
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue. 2004 Nissan Titan

NMD wrote:
Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:12 am
I may be missing something, but I fail to see how this option is even relevant anymore when around the view monitor is available.
It adjusts the mirrors to give you better curb visibility when backing up or to help when backing up a trailer.

NMD
Car: 2021 Rogue Platinum AWD
2011 Sentra SR
2022 VW Jetta SE (wife's car, please don't hate)

prj wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2017 2:01 pm
It adjusts the mirrors to give you better curb visibility when backing up or to help when backing up a trailer.
Oh, I see. Never had to deal with a trailer on a Rogue, so that's probably it. Thanks!

prj
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue. 2004 Nissan Titan

I just tried it on my new 2018 Rogue yesterday. As stated above it only works when the switch is set to the left or right mirror. With that said, I think they tilt down too far for what i would consider useful, so I'll leave the switch in the middle setting.

emfab
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue Midnight Edition

When the car in in reverse and the mirrors are tilted down, you can adjust the depth and side distance of the mirrors as well. So if you feel they are too far down, you can change that.

ProTruckDriver
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Platinum Reserve Premium Package
Ext: Monarch Orange
Int: Platinum Reserve

emfab wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 7:21 pm
When the car in in reverse and the mirrors are tilted down, you can adjust the depth and side distance of the mirrors as well. So if you feel they are too far down, you can change that.
I didn't know you can adjust the mirrors when tilted down. I'm going to have to try that today. Thank you for the extra information.

Return to “Rogue Forum”