2017 Rogue powered sun shade issue

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
anothertckt
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SL

Hello,

I have a 2017 Nissan Rogue SL with a powered sunroof and sunshade. The sunshade isn't closing all the way. Any advice or suggestions are appreciated. The contraption appears to be accessible via the headliner.

Thanks,
Ken

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Resetting the moonroof switch

The moonroof switch may not operate properly and need to be reset if any of the following conditions have occurred:

● the moonroof has been manually moved,
● the moonroof motor has been removed and reinstalled after the moonroof has been repositioned or adjusted,
● the moonroof glass panel has been adjusted or changed, or
● the electrical supply interrupted and/or some malfunction has been detected.

Use the following reset procedure to return the moonroof operation to normal.

1. Place the ignition switch in the ON position.
2. Push and hold the moonroof switch toward 2 . Once the moonroof has reached the full tilt position, release the switch. Push and hold the switch toward the 2 position again. After a delay of four seconds, the moonroof will make a small movement and backup.
3. Release the switch.
4. Within 5 seconds of releasing the switch, push and continuously hold the switch toward 2 . The moonroof will move from the tilt position to the open position and back to the close position.

NOTE: If the switch is released at any time during Step 4, the procedure must be restarted.

5. Release the switch. Do not place the ignition switch in the OFF position for at least 2 seconds. The moonroof is now reset. If the moonroof still does not operate properly, have the moonroof system checked by a NISSAN dealer.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

Nissan Rogue Service Manual: Sunshade Removal and Installation

Nissan Rogue Service Manual: Sunshade motor assembly

anothertckt
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SL

Thanks for the prompt and informative response Rogue One. It appears to get a the sun shade, the service manual is required to remove the moonroof. Unless I'm missing something removing the headliner is part of the process/steps too?

Thanks,
Ken

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

I'm going to say that assessment sounds right. I had no problems with the moon roof in either of my 1st gen Rogues, plus they weren't like the panoramic one's found in the 2nd gens. Maybe an owner of one of the newer models can offer some additional insight.

Return to “Rogue Forum”