2017 Rogue misfire undrivable

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
mitcherneaf
Car: 2018 Nissan Rogue

Have a 2017 Rogue with 45k miles on it. Was bought with about 15k on it, no problems till the other day. Driving on highway, started hesitating slightly. Few miles down the road became much worse. Pulled off, restarted, attempted to drive and stuttering badly. Check engine code P0300 and P0304. I am using one of those As Seen On TV Micro Mechanic I borrowed from a friend, so not sure how great they are.

Tow it home swap 2nd and 4th coil, no change. Swap spark plugs, no change.

Take it to garage they say compression is fine. They also say 2nd and 4th cylinder 30 misfires, 1st cylinder about 18 misfires. Want $800 to swap coil and i said I'll do it myself. Change all coils and spark plugs no improvement. Note after sitting for a few days in the driveway before I could get it to garage the car drove great for about 3 minutes then started stuttering again. It will sometimes idle fine then I attempt to drive it and will start to stutter and have almost no power within 30 seconds.

I attempted to clean the MAF with MAF cleaner with no help. Ive cleaned out the air intake because I found a acorn in the airbox in front of the air cleaner and thought maybe there was a nest. Couldn't access all of it but blew out as much as I could. I used a propane torch to try and find an vacuum leak but nothing (find it hard to beleive that would be an issue with a 2017).

Now this morning I start it up and it is running rough immediatly (usually has to warm up before it really starts running rough) and I am getting P0100 (A camshaft sensor) and P2000 (Nox adsorber efficiency). This was after unplugging the MAF sensor while running to see if it runs worse or not so may be related to that.

The first place was a local garage because I cant get the car into Dealership until the 16th. Now that it's only 6 days away I'll probably take it there. Any other things I can try? Also think I should remove the coil's and return them since they didn't help at all? Thinking about just taking it to dealership and see what they will give me for a trade in. Any info on that with a car that isn't running great and how much they will screw me?

Thanks sorry for long post tried to make it readable.
Mitch

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Wow. That's too new to be having all that drama. What's the powertrain warranty on that car?

IF you decide to give up and trade it in, don't say a word about it. Practice saying this: "It's been a great car, but I like that 2020 model better!"

mitcherneaf

AZhitman wrote:
Wed Jun 10, 2020 6:40 pm
Wow. That's too new to be having all that drama. What's the powertrain warranty on that car?

IF you decide to give up and trade it in, don't say a word about it. Practice saying this: "It's been a great car, but I like that 2020 model better!"
haha! As soon as they fire it up, they are gonna know its a POS. It still has the powertrain warranty thats why I'm taking it to the dealership.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Good call.

I've never seen a dealership drive a newer car they're taking on trade.

Sorry to hear you're dealing w that. Give 'em hell!

mitcherneaf

Figured I would give an update. Wife wanted to try out a Pathfinder while we waited for the dealership. Well she fell in love so I limped the Rogue over to the dealership. Got pulled over on the way for skipping through a stop sign but got away with a warning after I explained what happened haha! And they gave me blue book for good condition on the trade in so I couldn't pass it up. Recent baby and with 3 kids the Rogue wasn't really cutting it anyway.

So long story short I traded it in and have no idea what was wrong with it. The dealership thought coil pack and I didn't say a word. Hopefully their loss not mine.

Return to “Rogue Forum”