2017 Rogue liftgate controle module

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
lpgreg
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue

2017 Rogue SL FWD
I am having auto liftgate issues and need info on where the liftgate control module is located and any info to remove any access panel or panels. You Tube shows a 2016 model but panels are different on the 2017 model. Thanks Greg

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

The ABD Controller will be underneath the lefthand lower cargo trim. Your '17 won't be much different (if at all) from a '16, see DLK-20 here:
https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... %2FDLK.pdf

I must warn you, unless there's a water intrusion issue, it's extremely doubtful the ABD C/U is causing any issues. The common problems are (in order) bad half-latch and/or open-close switches in the latch, bad encoders in one or both spindles, a bad cinch motor in the latch, or spindle leakage/motor failure. The ABD is active on the CANbus, you should get codes pulled from it before throwing very expensive parts at it.

The cargo panels on a '17 shouldn't really be any different from a '16 ('14~'17 use identical part numbers for the lower finishers). See INT-34 here:
https://www.nicoclub.com/service-manual ... %2FINT.pdf

lpgreg

Thank you for the detailed response and info, I wanted to check the connections and not necessarily replace the module as you said it is an expensive part. My door has a couple issues as it will go up and then right back down a lot but not every time and also closes to within 6" and stops most of the time. I have tried to recalibrate with no change also. Lately I have had to hard reboot it as it loses power along with the door locks after several attempts to open correctly. There is no problem locking or unlocking. I will check further into the other areas you mentioned. Thanks Greg

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

That sounds like one of the spindle motors is going bad and either drawing too much current, or not doing anything and overloading the other spindle. If you look at the WD on DLK-93, there's a thermal breaker on the main power to the ABD. That's probably tripping and causing your intermittent power loss.

lpgreg

That makes sense and thanks again for all your help. This is my out of state vehicle and am running out of time to repair this, it will take me 2 months to get back to this but I will let you know how it turns out.

lpgreg

Thanks go out to VStar350CL. When I returned, I used the gate sparingly and was working good for 2 weeks and then started too not completely close and one time I opened it and it quickly closed on its own. As I already had purchased the spindles it was an easy job to replace them and no longer have any closing issues. Thanks again.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

:dblthumb:

Return to “Rogue Forum”