2017 Rogue Front Windshield Washer

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Freeartie1

Hi all: New to this forum. Looking for answers. Our 2017 Rogue has been at the dealer now three times. It is still there now while they try and find the source of the problem. At times, both front nozzles do not spray liquid. The rear one works all the time. The pump has been replaced. The lines have been blown clean. The pump runs every time we try to clean the front windshield. We live in a cold climate and it appears that the problem occurs most of the time when it's very cold. However, the front nozzles DO work a few minutes after the car is garaged. The fluid is Nissan's own fluid given they have done the repairs at least twice now. The problem still occurs often at the worst time, on the highway. If anyone has a 2017 Rogue FSM, is there a check valve in the line leading to the front nozzles? What is the part number? The dealer says in the 2017 Rogue there isn't one. Can someone provide this info or better, the cure.

maffleck

Use a different fluid rated to minus 35 and see if it helps.

datechboss101
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SL -- RIP
2018 Nissan Kicks SR -- RIP
2019 Nissan Rogue SV w/ Prem. Pack

I think the dealer uses the generic fluids that isn't compatible with the outside temps. Ask the SA what is the lowest temp the washer fluid that they use. You can find a gallon jug of Rain-x washer fluid that can go below 32 degree F (0 degrees Celcius), and its simple to fill.

Freeartie1

datechboss101 wrote:
Thu Jan 10, 2019 1:32 pm
I think the dealer uses the generic fluids that isn't compatible with the outside temps. Ask the SA what is the lowest temp the washer fluid that they use. You can find a gallon jug of Rain-x washer fluid that can go below 32 degree F (0 degrees Celcius), and its simple to fill.
Thank you for your replies. I neglected to mention that where I live, no one sells windshield washer fluids that are rated higher (warmer) than -40C. We usually purchase it in bulk since winter lasts from November to April and we use a lot. The first time we had the problem I had used some from last winter ans suspected it may have been bad - but apparently it rarely does go bad. So the idea the first occurrence we had the problem was that it had been a bad batch. No - the problem is not the fluid. Also, the rear one has worked flawlessly.

Tonight the outside temp will drop to -18C and the dealer says that if the problem re-occurs, he can detect it with his computer. I don't think that's valid since I don't believe it's an electrical issue. We hear the pump when no fluid comes out of the nozzles.

I would still like to know if the 2-way split of the hose from the pump to the two front windshield washer nozzles includes a check valve in the 2017 Rogue. The FSM for the 2016 Rogue posted on the NICOCLUB website does include a check valve - but the service manager claims that this is not true for the 2017 Rogue. Thanks again for your replies.

Rogue Jarhead
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue Krom

Have they checked for a kink in the lines leading to the nozzles? If the pump is working when you push the switch there are only so many things it can be, these units are pretty simple.

Try this next time it happens pull the lines apart at the connection closest to the resivor. Hit the switch, if you have fluid go to the next connector, pull that apart, hit the switch, and so on all the way to the nozzles. Your lines either pinched/kinked when you close the hood or you have some kind of plug.

I don’t think you have a check valve, there really is no need for one the lines aren’t that long and the pumps normally delivers fluid within a couple of seconds on the first pull of the switch.

Freeartie1

Rogue Jarhead wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 4:57 am
Have they checked for a kink in the lines leading to the nozzles? If the pump is working when you push the switch there are only so many things it can be, these units are pretty simple.

Try this next time it happens pull the lines apart at the connection closest to the resivor. Hit the switch, if you have fluid go to the next connector, pull that apart, hit the switch, and so on all the way to the nozzles. Your lines either pinched/kinked when you close the hood or you have some kind of plug.

I don’t think you have a check valve, there really is no need for one the lines aren’t that long and the pumps normally delivers fluid within a couple of seconds on the first pull of the switch.

Thank you again for offering assistance and information. As the front washer does work intermittently (rear one works all the time), a kink would prevent the flow all the time. They ruled that out earlier.
Up-to-date news: After a night in -18C weather, the front washer worked again. The dealer ordered complete new lines with the hope that there is debris in the main line to the front nozzles that floats around and blocks fluid going to the front nozzles from time to time. After that, there is little else that could be create the problem. This is our third Rogue. They have always been very reliable.

Freeartie1

Follow up: Dealer has returned the car with problem unresolved. New hose lines were ordered which include connectors and it will take a week before they are delivered. Dealer says that unlike his previous statements, there is a check valve at the split to the two nozzles. After holding the car for two days, they could not repeat the problem. If it occurs again, they will change all the hose lines which includes the connectors.

Return to “Rogue Forum”