2017 Rogue Blower Motor Relay

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
kellygrl
Car: '17 Nissan Rogue

Hi all... Searched the forum (and scoured the internet), but can't seem to find my answer. My daughter has a '17 Rogue that we just DIY replaced the blower motor on. Went smoothly and it worked well for a few minutes, but now it's not blowing again. Already have the resistor and intend on replacing, but I'd like to check the blower motor relay. I had replaced a blown fuse too, but I can't see the blower motor relay to check it which, from the diagrams I've seen, seems to be on the back of the interior fuse panel. Is this correct? And, if so, how in the world can I get to it? Thanks in advance for any help!

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Yes, that's correct. The only good way to get at it is to pop the left lower dash, then pop the panel with the Trip Reset button. That will allow you to see the back of the fusebox. The Blower Relay is the one in the middle (they're grouped 2-1-1 with intervening connectors). However, it's probably pointless. Like most Nissans, the relay is north of the two fuses (there are two in parallel, make sure they're both good). So if a test light on the fuses lights up bright, the relay isn't the problem.

rajesh1136

VStar650CL wrote:
Tue Jul 26, 2022 11:05 am
Yes, that's correct. The only good way to get at it is to pop the left lower dash, then pop the panel with the Trip Reset button. That will allow you to see the back of the fusebox. The Blower Relay is the one in the middle (they're grouped 2-1-1 with intervening connectors). However, it's probably pointless. Like most Nissans, the relay is north of the two fuses (there are two in parallel, make sure they're both good). So if a test light on the fuses lights up bright, the relay isn't the problem.
i have 2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD.

i dont see any issues / not able to feel any difference but blue driver app (scan tool) says the following

2 Heater Ventilation Air Conditioner Codes

B24E7 - Status Confirmed - Heater Relay: Circuit Short to Ground or Open
U1000 - Status Confirmed - CAN Communication circuit : General Electrical Failure.

Any way to diagnose or fix ? is this even a problem when im not noticing any difference ?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

B24E7 doesn't show up as a good code for a '16 Rogue HVAC or BCM, so maybe your scanner is messing up. U1000's are rarely an issue unless they won't erase and go away, and they're almost always from another component going offline, not a wiring problem or issue in the unit throwing the code. It means the HVAC didn't hear from some other module it was supposed to hear from on CAN, ECM, BCM, cluster, etc. That can happen just from a low battery. Since you have no symptoms, try just erasing them.

rajesh1136

VStar650CL wrote:
Thu Jun 15, 2023 6:54 am
B24E7 doesn't show up as a good code for a '16 Rogue HVAC or BCM, so maybe your scanner is messing up. U1000's are rarely an issue unless they won't erase and go away, and they're almost always from another component going offline, not a wiring problem or issue in the unit throwing the code. It means the HVAC didn't hear from some other module it was supposed to hear from on CAN, ECM, BCM, cluster, etc. That can happen just from a low battery. Since you have no symptoms, try just erasing them.
thanks. I did clear and in the next scan it came back up. There is no check engine light / any warning light. if its scanner messing up, i will ignore it for now.

Thanks a lot.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

:dblthumb:

PowerslavePA
Car: 2016 Nissan Rogue SV AWD w/Platinum

All I found at a quick glance:

B24C6 BLOWER MOTOR CONTROL
Short or open circuit of blower motor control circuit.
CHECK FRONT BLOWER RELAY
Check 20A fuses. [Nos. 17 and 27, located in fuse block (J/B)].

Return to “Rogue Forum”