2017 QX60 Airbag Light Code

In 2014, the G37 Sedan became Infiniti Q50. G37 Coupe and Convertible became Infiniti Q60 under Infiniti's new naming structure - Here's the place to discuss the Q50 and Q60!
Acewmr
Car: 2017 Infiniti QX60

The airbag light came on in my 2017 QX60. The passenger seat light also came on and stayed on.
The annunciator flashes one slow and then four fast flashes. It looks like a mouse got into the car and proceeded to eat bits of the insulation off three wires at the point where the front passenger seat wiring harness leaves the main bundle. I have repaired those wires and now the passenger seat airbag off light is back to normal (off when occupied), but the airbag annunciator on the panel is still on with a slow flash. I tried resetting the light but it did not go away.

Does anyone here know what this code is for?

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

N/I airbag lights won't turn off when a DTC goes "past" like some other systems. They have to be cleared, and any "current" DTC in the system will keep the light lit and prevent clearing. Get it checked with a scanner.

Artacoma
Car: 2017 Infiniti QX80

VStar,
Who has the 'scanner' you mentioned in your replay? Dealers only?....My daughter's Q60 also has the blinking airbag light that won't go off...
Artacoma

Artacoma
Car: 2017 Infiniti QX80

Acewmr...
How/Did you get your 'airbag annunciator on the panel' turned off?? My daughter's Q60 has same problem.
Artacoma

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Most parts store scanners will read SRS codes, but they won't erase them. You need an SRS-capable scanner to clear the codes after repair. Most high-end shop scanners will do SRS, so you're not limited to a dealer. That said, I'm not 100% certain you have a code. On most Nissans, codes turn the light on solid. Blinking means the Bag Brain is stuck in "diag mode", basically it lost its memory and needs to be reset. That can be done without a scanner, see this bulletin:
https://static.nhtsa.gov/odi/tsbs/2018/ ... 4-9999.pdf

I'd suggest visiting the parts store to see if there are codes or not, and if none, follow the bulletin to reset the light. Use a watch with a sweep second hand, trust me that the procedure is very fussy about exact timing.

Return to “Infiniti Q50 / Q60 Forum”