2017 Nissan Rogue part inquiry

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
anothertckt
Car: 2017 Nissan Rogue SL

Hello,
Looking for metal clips to attach the Seat Trim Panel (Right, Front) part number 87380N. Parts diagram lists the clips as not for sale. Assume they come with a new seat trim panel but i only need the clips. Is there a compatbile clip/part number, or are the original clip part numbers listed/available anywhere?

Thanks,
ken

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
Car: 2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

That isn't the actual part number, it's a diagram reference. The actual p/n's are 87330-4BC4A (charcoal) or 87330-4BC4B (almond). To my knowledge Nissan doesn't sell those clips separately, but first, make sure they aren't stuck in the seat frame. It's very common for them to stay in the frame when you pull the trim panel loose, and if you don't realize it you can think you lost them. If you actually need them then they should be easy to find at U-Pullit, Nissan has used those same clips on just about every seat since '13.

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

These look like they might work. Dunno if the size is right, but for $7 you could try them.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/124926544163

anothertckt

Hello VStar650CL
Your prompt & thorough response is appreciated. Wonder what the dealer mechanics do if the clip breaks or are lost. The seat trim design is suspect. The end can get caught when exiting the vehicle. I replaced it once but can't remember if the replacement trim came with clips. Researched various clips, naturally none seem to be the same design. The link you forwarded are similar in shape, but the tabs protrude the opposite way and are missing tabs on the one end. U Pull it doesn't appear to have a VA location although there are some similar outfits. Attached is the clip:

Thanks,
Ken
seattrimclip.jpg
seattrimclip.jpg (28.17 KiB) Viewed 458 times

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

anothertckt wrote:
Sat Jul 29, 2023 5:55 pm
Wonder what the dealer mechanics do if the clip breaks or are lost. The seat trim design is suspect. The end can get caught when exiting the vehicle. I replaced it once but can't remember if the replacement trim came with clips
I am a dealer master tech, every one of us has clips from busted trims in our spare parts box. The fact that those seat clips go the wrong way is part of the reason the plastic sometimes self-destructs on removal, and it's entirely the reason they often stay in the seat frame and don't come out with the trim. Clips with internal teeth won't hold quite as well, but they'll also be much more cooperative.

anothertckt

Understood VStar650CL. Peculiar the manufacturer doesn't provide the parts to the mechanics or the customer. I've been to two different Nissan dealerships for other exterior plastic type plugs. The one dealer didn't charge me for one of the push retainer/plugs. I might take the metal spring clip to one of the dealers and see what they say. Otherwise, are you suggesting the clips the ebay link you provided will work but won't hold as well?
Thanks,
Ken

VStar650CL
Technical Expert
2004 Nissan Altima 2.5 S

Most of the push-clips and button clips are available as service parts, but those metal clips generally all come as part of an assembly. That isn't just seat trim, there are similar clips on the map lamp panel and various parts of the dash, none of them are service parts. Like I said, we always save the clips off broken assemblies, so you might ask the dealership techs if they can scrounge up a couple for you.

Yes to your last question, the outside teeth make those seat clips very stubborn, which (as I mentioned) is why they often stay in the seat frame and sometimes break the tabs right off the assembly. Clips with outside teeth will generally have a bit less holding power, but they rarely cause problems with repeated removal and reinstallation.

anothertckt

Thank you Vstar650CL. I don't have the pleasure of visiting dealerships often, only to get the covered oil change, rotation with the 2017 Nissan. Although i did visit the dealerships, two different Nissan dealers for those pesky plastic exterior Moulding, trim, plugs... They had to order one of the types. Threw a bone and didn't charge for them. The techs are hidden behind the scenes in another building at the one dealership. The other has bay viewing are although from a distance. Lucked out once and caught a tech moving our vehicle from the bay to the parking area for pickup, and was able to pick his brain for a few minutes... I'll give it a shot with these metal clip affairs.

Return to “Rogue Forum”