2017 Armada or preown QX80

A forum for the Nissan Armada, Infiniti QX56, and beginning in 2014, the Infiniti QX80
hangout
Car: 2007 FX35,, 2016 Q70L

Hi

The Nissan Armada is on the way coming out, but it's not cheap at all, I search the sites, that the platinum trim will be around $60k.
the QX80 basically the same vehicle as Armada and loaded with more luxury features.
so, when talk about the dollar sign, the preown QX80 maybe even cost less than the Armada platinum.
I found a prewon QX80 limited with 13k miles for $63k.

so, could you please me why you will pick the Armada but not a preown QX80?

I have the sequoia now, in the market to shop 8 seater.
so really want to learn what you guys think.

Thanks

wmouse
Car: R50 and R51
Planning a Y62

As for your question:
I would always choose a new car over a used car.

Unless you know the previous owner's driving habit.

I would get very suspicious about why someone would get rid off a QX80 at 13k miles. It is a adorable truck (if you have already test drive it). What has he done to the car? Did he abuse it by running to redline before breakin just to test some horsepower numbers for a car magazine? You will never know.

And about the 2017 Armada:

The new Armada is from the same factory of Patrol in Japan. That's enough said.

If you ever own a R50 produced in Japan, you will know what I am talking about.

hangout

I'm a nissan fan, actully I owned almost every sedan and coupe models from infiniti. from G20/QX4 to FX/Q70L
I think all infiniti models made in Japan, isn't it? from ( Not sure the JX )
basically, I lease or buying preown, since I don't keep car more than 3 years. that's why I understand there is QX80 limited on the market so quick.

if forget about brand new or preown. and price tag.
what's the advantage from the Armada/Patrol can make shopper don't get QX80?
since the platinum has almost same price as base QX80, and they are twin.

marctronixx

different front end and back end.

HBMC suspension not on the armada

premium interior on qx

VVVEL on QX

there are tech differences. you should go to your local nissan and infiniti dealer to find out what options matter to you.

hangout

marctronixx wrote:different front end and back end.

HBMC suspension not on the armada

premium interior on qx

VVVEL on QX

there are tech differences. you should go to your local nissan and infiniti dealer to find out what options matter to you.
Thanks for the detail.
so, my understanding is, If i can knock down the price to $60k on the new base QX80 (year end coming), then maybe still a better deal then the Armada.
Right?

marctronixx

i agree with that

grizzly5

I know this post may be a little late but we just went through this same thing. Looking at a 2014 QX80 Base with 19K on it for $50. Was also looking at the new 2015 Armada Platinum for $48 but then the 2017 Armada showed up. They had the SL version with all the technology pkgs, moonroof etc for $53. To me it was a no brainer. Picked up the 17 Armada last week and love it. Didn't see any reason whatsoever to shell out the extra cash for the Platinum.

PetitFrereArmada

grizzly5 wrote:I know this post may be a little late but we just went through this same thing. Looking at a 2014 QX80 Base with 19K on it for $50. Was also looking at the new 2015 Armada Platinum for $48 but then the 2017 Armada showed up. They had the SL version with all the technology pkgs, moonroof etc for $53. To me it was a no brainer. Picked up the 17 Armada last week and love it. Didn't see any reason whatsoever to shell out the extra cash for the Platinum.
$53 for the Sl sounds like a good deal. But I am sure you do not have the dvd headrest that comes on the platinum. And maybe your SL is not 4X4. Those are some few hings that make the Platinum different in price. Along with different color tone on the wheels.

Platinum

SL

grizzly5

I do not have the DVD players in the headrest. Could care less about those. It is a 4x4 and has the darker wheels.
Besides the DVD players, the only thing I do not have is the captains chairs in the back.

marctronixx

nor do you have HBMC which is the bees knees...

hangout

hi,
since you guys really driving the 2017 Armada already.
could you please tell me if the rear view camera still really low resolution like the QX80 ?
that's a shame o infiniti, it is worst than the $20 product on ebay.

grizzly5

nobody with an Armada has HBMC so kinda irrelevant. I'm sure it is cool though. As far as the camera goes, I don't really remember what the quality of the QX80 was like but in the Armada, the camera is ok, its not stellar. My 2015 Grand Cherokee was much better. Actually the whole infotainment system in the Cherokee was much better.

marctronixx

i dont know what the new armada has in terms of options. i mention HBMC because its more than cool and is a must have on a large suv.

the armada is now much better than prior but it does not compete with the new qx80. they are still marketed after two different demos.

the CCU and camera module in the new armada is the same that's in the qx. there are always subtle additions to building parts but don't expect full HD on these cameras.

0macman0
Car: 2011 QX56

Buy new if you can. Unless you like expensive repairs

STREETFIGHTER50
Car: 2017 Armada

'17 Armada Platinum here :)
I'd get brand new over used any day, especially if the price is so close between 2 almost identical vehicles. IMO the Armada has a nicer, more aggressive looking front & rear. I also like all the little details such as the 2-tone job with the Gunmetal fender lips & aggressive/dark 20" wheels (cheaper rubber later & more meat vs. the low pro 22's). Also, you don't have to run premium gas. The QX will have a little more HP & better suspension.

Return to “Armada Forum / QX56 Forum / QX80 Forum”