2017.5 Murano Owners

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
kboo74
Car: 2015 Nissan Rogue SL AWD Premium Pkg (Former)
2017.5 Nissan Murano SL Tech Pkg) (Former)
2019 Acura RDX A-Spec with Tech Pkg Performance Red

Just purchased a 2017.5 Murano in Gunmetal with Charcoal Interior and loving it already. Traded my 2015 Rogue SL AWD with Premium Pkg. Anyone else just purchased the one and what do you think? What kind of mods if any are you planning?

Ken

inficars
Car: 2012 ford focus

Maybe you can look at this for 2018 nissan murano new planning.

kboo74

Thanks but that link was pretty much useless and offered no insight into the2018. I am just asking about anyones opion of their 2017.5 Murano as stated in my first comment. This is my first Murano and I am enjoying more it than my 2015 Rogue. What do you like or not like about your Murano? Share your opinions please.

Thanks
Ken

scruffster

I have until today to make decision on one. I have a bad back and most new cars hurt - even the Rogue did. This one hurts my neck and shoulders but then every new car has but the seats sure are soft and the car is so cool looking.

kboo74

When I had my 2015 Rogue my siatic nerve would go crazy. With the Murano I no longer have to use a cushion to calm my nerve with the 8 way adjustable seat. Did a 20 hour turn around drive for Thanksgiving and it was a comfy ride all the way. As for your other pains I am at a loss for suggestions on how to manage them with your Murano. I am loving mine right now and would not go back to a Rogue at all. Take the Murano is my suggestion. Get a good test drive before you make a decision.

Ken

scruffster

well I got brave today and bought it. I was looking at Subarus for a long time because of their seats. So many others hurt. These are hurting some but will figure it out. These seats are the softest I've found on all the cars I drove and I drove a lot of different makes/models. So I took a leap of faith today and did it! I had a bad experience years ago with a Honda CRV so had some PTSD from that seat experience.

Hope you are enjoying yours. So far I am except for the pains here and there that I hope to fix. I know a good car upholstery place that can help I think. It's fun to drive and feels so big to me coming from a small car.

kboo74

Glad you like your purchase. Hope you fund a solution for your pains. You are right the seats are comfy!

Ken

scruffster

Still figuring out solutions for the seats. All the new cars hurt me. I think the passenger seat is a bigger culprit than the drivers seat because I can't back out the lumbar and even though its' soft I hurts. I'm used to a car without any and with my back problems it works. So dealing with all of this is not a lot of fun driving yet.

pavelmarina22
Car: 2017.5 Nissan Murano Platinum AWD

I purchased brand new 2017.5 Nissan Murano (MSRP 45,650) in October 2017. 2 month later I've noticed that rear door hatch is missing good chunk of paint. I paid $395 extra for Nissan special color (white). Seems to me the paint finish at the factory when they painted my car.

I submitted claim to Nissan Consumer Affair office. They denied the claim and told me to go to the dealer to repaint the back door. I told them that car is too expansive and I refuse to repaint it because the dealer quality won't be the same as factory. Nissan consumer affair office suggested to open a claim with BBB. That's what I did.

All I am trying to address is the Quality Control issue at the factory. I want the managers at Nissan to see what they produce. My previous 2009 Murano had no issues for 10 years. 2009 Murano was made in Japan.

I am very disappointed. I purchased 4 Nissans and I think this Nissan Murano will be my last Nissan going forward.

Also, please take a look, the lenses on new Murano have some kind of finger prints or tape glue marks. I did show this to the service manager. He was really surprised. We went outside to see if other muranos have this issue and YES, all of them had it.

Bumper on my brand new Murano was not attached to the body. I also noticed that after 1 week of having my car. I brought it back to the dealership. Service department fixed it. They said there are 4 hooks and only 1 out of 4 was engaged.

NISSAN MUST ADDRESS QUALITY CONTROL BEFORE THEY PUSH CARS OUT OF THE FACTORY...!!!! PEOPLE BE AWARE OF THE POOR QUALITY.

kboo74

Wow, didn’t have any of these issues with my Murano at all. My only complaint is the picture from the passenger mirror camera is slightly misaligned. Mine is a Gunmetal color. When I had my 15 Rogue it was a Pearl White and my rear door behind the driver was side swiped in a parking lot and I had Nissan to do the repair and repaint and you couldn’t even tell it was repainted at all. A perfect match. They used the same process that the assembly line used which is a three stage paint job. You must have a crappy dealer where you purchasd your car. Have you treied another dealer? I also had the tape on the headlight lenses but I just peeled the tape off and cleaned them. It was there to protect the lens during shipping. They missed it when prepping my car for delivery. Don’t give up and go through all your manuals that came with the vehicle and there rules aginst them. Hope everything works out. Also I would put the paint pics and the other issues on FB and call a news outlet to try and get them to pick up the story. Put Nissan on blast publicly and that might push them in the right direction.

Ken

Return to “Murano Forum”