2016 Versa Note bumper repair cost

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
dofub

Hi all, I have a 2016 Versa Note hatchback and somehow the front bumper got scratched on the driver side (I didn't even notice when it happened or was done when the car was parked). The link has a picture of the damage.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B3AB20 ... sp=sharing

Quotes to repair the bumper that came in at over $700. One was $900! This was shocking high for the amount of damage that occurred, which I feel is really minor. Basically some paint got scraped off. I live in the South Bay area of CA (Sunnyvale, Mountain View, etc) since the cost of things are often location specific and this area is friggin expensive enough as it is.

Could I get a sanity check here on the cost of repairing this bumper? I want to feel confident that I'm not getting taken advantage of. I feel like I could almost fix the damage myself for much less money.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Welcome to NICO!

This subject came up recently in the Rogue Forum: Cost to repair Rogue front bumper?

Well if you aren't to picky about the quality of the work, I'm sure Maaco will easily beat those estimates. It would seem that your estimates are about on par for your area. There's a lot more to properly repainting car body parts than just slapping on a coat of paint.

centralcoaster33
Car: 240SX #5-1997

Looks like that'll just buff right out! (I"m only partially kidding) Maybe a touch up paint pen or mini spray can from the dealership? I understand that painting plastic requires additives to the paint to keep it a bit flexible. I'm not sure why the quotes are so high other than it being body work, which is time consuming, therefor expensive. You're in CA? Talk to some hispanic back yard body shop guys. San Jose, Salinas, I don't know... They can make it nicer for cheap and I'm not joking.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”